• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer Front Brake Lines

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
...is there any difference between all the companys out there? Arent all brake lines ok as long as they're stainless?? Anyway, I need to put longer ones up front and I dont want to spend an arm and a leg. I've seen RE @ ~ $82 each or I found a pair by rough country for $54. any suggestions? Thanks! - Joe

make sure they're DOT approved. i can't find the picture now, but i've got one somewhere of a guy that had his rear extended brake line just break where its soldiered/welded to the end. not cool. something tells me that guy's wasn't DOT approved.

i personally have a tomken machine stainless rear brake line, but still run stock front lines. i've been happy with the tomken in the rear and would buy them for the front if i needed em.

I run YJ lines front and rear, they are plenty long for 6" of lift. IIRC the fronts were $22 a piece from NAPA and the rear was $25. I've seen tommken stainless lines break, I wont run them or any stainless lines.

I had a DOT stainless one blow right through on me, it was front brakline, apparently it had rubbed on the shock and got a weak spot. Blew right out and sucked hard.

I had a set of longer oem rubber ones made. and they work great. If you use stainless, put some rubber hose around them for protection.

Back