• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do late inside door handles ever go bad?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished frankening some door panels together for my '99, before I toss them in the trash is it worth drilling out the top trim and inside door handle - or do they never go bad?

FYI, I used some #8 x 5/8" sheetmetal screws and #8 flat washers to mount an armrest from one door panel (with a cut out speaker hole) on another door panel (which had a peeling armrest) after drilling out the heat sealed stud things, and it worked fantastically, I just need to find some vinyl dye to match the rest of my interior and it'll be "like it never happened." And I managed to get the two "good" front door panels mounted with two clips left over for the junk box :)

And if the guy to whom I promised the armrest and mirror switch is reading this - I haven't forgotten about you, but I lost a day yesterday due to a screaming headache so I haven't drilled your armrest off the door panel yet. I promise I'll get it out this week.

They're fine, except I had to steal one clip from one.

Sidebar question - does anyone make decals for the "lock" buttons? Would really like to "restore" those mostly because I drive several different cars and can't remember which way "lock" is :) Or am I looking at doing something heinous with hobby shop dry transfers (do they even still make those?) and matte lacquer?

Back