• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger Side Power Window Problem

RrCoX22

NAXJA Forum User
1999 XJ Limited

Window is stuck down. Driver window switch can roll all windows down/up except the passenger. Passenger window switch doesn't work either. Just replaced the passenger window motor to see if that's the fix and still no power so electrical. Checked for blown fuses and wiring within the door jam boot and all good there. Any other ideas?

Time to disassemble the passenger-side switch and look for broken solder joints. As I recall, it's the passenger switch that's the "master" from a wiring standpoint?

I had the same problem in my 89. Lots of electrical testing. If you can replace the switch with another switch test that first. Test the motor gets power to each side (mine were blue and yellow wires) separately for up and down. Check the connection to the main wiring harness on both sides. Check the switch on the passenger side. Check the driver side switch.

For my Jeep the driver switch was bad. I had to replace the whole thing. After testing everything and replacing the motor it ended up being the driver switch I needed to replace. Literally every window went up and down no problem. I couldn’t roll the passenger window up. Previous owner took the door panel off and probably tried to figure it out then gave up and didn’t roll the window down.

Can jump current to the leads to get the window up. That's what I did and where I stopped as I had bigger issues (brake booster) . Now it's time to fix my windows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back