• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project wannabe Jeepspeed

also. Im sure your going too, but you should add some type of bridge between the rear shock mounts inside the cab!

nice build! looking forward to more progress. although just fyi that's a dealer added sunroof, a sunroof was never an option of the XJ to my knowledge.

Thanks! Yeah I was curious what the story was behind that sunroof, I should take my VIN down to the dealer and get all of the info on how it was purchased.

also. Im sure your going too, but you should add some type of bridge between the rear shock mounts inside the cab!

Yeah we are, going to have a tube from one tower to the other, tubes down to the fender wells, and tubes going from the tower back towards the hatch. Eventually when I get the cage going this will also be tied into it.

Won a pair of Pro Armor 3" wide 4pt harnesses at the Worcs Off-road Racing banquet this weekend. Looks like I'll need some nice suspension seats to go with them now!
cfb4db7d0f521e5cf8b5ef335f1ac8be.jpg

Looking good Larry.... Rear mounts look trick. You gave me an idea on how to do mine. Plasma cutter is up and running now so its time to design and cut some cool XJ stuff out.
BTW: this is Robert....

Don't forget to add a submarine strap to them too!

Not a bad idea!

Looking good Larry.... Rear mounts look trick. You gave me an idea on how to do mine. Plasma cutter is up and running now so its time to design and cut some cool XJ stuff out.
BTW: this is Robert....

Ahh Robert that's not fair, we're doing this backward. You are supposed to be designing this stuff and I buy it from you, Instead I'm cutting it all by hand! Haha it's all good man. I'm stoked on how these shock mounts are coming along for sure, I will need you to design me a few things I have in mind though :)

not too shabby. I wanna go for a ride

I like the build. Ive been debating on the FT kit for a long time now. Just cant seem to pull the trigger on it. Have to let me know how you like it when its done.

i've never heard anyone have a single complaint about the full traction kit other than the price. the team naxja KOH car is running full traction arms.

Well there are more complaints online (and personally) than any other manufacture, when it comes to customer service and the overall arrogance of the 2 owners. Mixxed with their leaf springs being rated a "jeepspeed" pack, yet after one race I lost over 2" of lift and a center bolt, only to be told "come on dont you think thats a bit abusive", by them. So why call em a Jeepspeed pack if they cant handle one race. I could see every 2-4 races having to rebuild em. Or like every season as most with deavers to. But one race? And thats just one of the Many times I had contacted them on other things also.

But overall as a lift, they are one, of the 2 long arm lifts I would ever install on my own rig.

Well there are more complaints online (and personally) than any other manufacture, when it comes to customer service and the overall arrogance of the 2 owners. Mixxed with their leaf springs being rated a "jeepspeed" pack, yet after one race I lost over 2" of lift and a center bolt, only to be told "come on dont you think thats a bit abusive", by them. So why call em a Jeepspeed pack if they cant handle one race. I could see every 2-4 races having to rebuild em. Or like every season as most with deavers to. But one race? And thats just one of the Many times I had contacted them on other things also.

But overall as a lift, they are one, of the 2 long arm lifts I would ever install on my own rig.

I called them a few times to order up a kit and they pulled the "we'll have to call you back" which they never did. I took my money else where and I'm happier with what I ended up with.

I like the build. Ive been debating on the FT kit for a long time now. Just cant seem to pull the trigger on it. Have to let me know how you like it when its done.

i've never heard anyone have a single complaint about the full traction kit other than the price. the team naxja KOH car is running full traction arms.

I will share my personal experience so far with FT. When I first started prospecting the owner, Steve, was arrogant but very helpful (Im immune to arrogance thanks to my father!). After I decided to pull the trigger, they sent me the kit you see in the pic for $1495 shipped minus leaf packs because I had previously picked up a set of near new Deavers for $175. When the kit arrived it did not have FK Heims like I was told it would (To my knowledge FK heims are always marked FK, these are not) I moved on to install the kit and when I installed the upper arms they were 4" too short so I called Steve and he said doubtful, but send him a pic. After sending him the pic he called back and said they sent TJ arms, classic mixup, they next day'ed XJ arms like they had said they would. Now move on the aligning the front end, for some reason the track bar seems like its a bit too long, after adjusting the track bar to minimum adjustment the axle is still 3/4"-1" to the passenger side.I have contacted Steve 2 times and emailed pics and they keep saying the will call back but so far I haven't heard back via email or phone. Now I am aware that built a new lower track bar mount but my measurements compared to a stock mount are within an 1/8" and my Jeep has never been in a bad accident, so I was seeking help but I seem to be on my own on this one.

I should also note that the quality of the kit is great. If I could do it all over again, I would order the Full Traction kit hands down, the product you get for the price is great IMO. I'll update once I drive it and see how it handles also :)

Personally, I have had nothing but GREAT experiences with Full Traction. I found their kit to be top notch, and their support to be very good (yes there's a little attitude, but I've been happy at the end of every contact).

They get a 'would buy again' in my book.

Some guys have great luck and others havent which is why im not sure if its the right kit for me. Just like anything else on a forum everybody has there opinion. Either way i like your setup and impatiently waiting for more pics.

Some guys have great luck and others havent which is why im not sure if its the right kit for me. Just like anything else on a forum everybody has there opinion. Either way i like your setup and impatiently waiting for more pics.

Very true. Like I said the product is amazing, just tough in the Cust service dept. If you aren't thin skinned purchase a kit, you won't regret it! More pics to come buddy, wheels and tires should be here today and there are much more ideas in the plans

They own a few other offroad companies that deal with imports such as Suzuki, Isuzu, and Nissan. I've tried dealing with them on the Suzuki side and they are very hard to deal with. The people on the phone only seemed to know what was printed on the website and nothing more. I had customer kits that had issues like accident caused damage, they wouldn't sell replacement parts of their kits, only complete kits. And if you tried a little harder, you only got serious attitude like you should never pick up another tool and don't bother calling them back... The owner is a total asshat and refuses to deal with replacing any parts unless you are the original purchaser and send them the damaged part first, doesn't matter if you are willing to pay for the parts first or not...

Back