• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Been taking a break from the Jeep for bit and getting the sled ready for the season. We were in Glenwood springs this last weekend, snowed from about Vail to Idaho springs. All the higher up mountains have a good coat of snow already! Getting me all excited now since last year was pretty craptastic for snow.

Was a fun day came out to 4 flat tires on the commander I checked for holes and none , so I swapped on 4 new cores and checked the see if the bolts were tight on the stems aired the 4 tires up and one kept leaking a little out the stem so I tightened it a bit more and it just leaked worse so I loosened it u a bit and it slowed back to where it was so rather than dick with it I brought it to the tire shop and they point out it's loose , which is how I left it after having trying to tighten it . I then went down to buy a temporary mig gun while I wait for parts for my HTP to arrive , and nearly shit myself at what the welding supply shop gets for a cheap hobart Miller gun ... $251.00 ... that same gun is $ 165 or less online, but I needed it to keep working on the money pit during my week off , so after getting fleeced for $251 I realize I need to pick up a spool of wire and stop at home depot for a 10lb roll of L56 and when I came back out I spot some small drips from the air dam below the radiator , so I took a look and confirmed the leak is not a hose or pump but indeed the radiator, so I stop at oriellys and buy a new radiator $ $171.00 and upper and lower hose $60 I then head over to tire shop to pick up the tire I dropped off and they said it didn't leak and that the bolt wasloose So I hope they did not forget I loosened that bolt and it leaked before and did not assume, but they did say they broke the bead and checked the seal ...lol...I have not bothered to put it back on I'm waiting to see if it holds air over 24 hrs or if it's going back . So I got shit nothing done on the Jeep but managed to spend over $ 500 today . On a side note it was about 10 below over night at the house and about 6 degrees when I went out this morning and I went to test to see how hard the treps get in the cold...lol holy shit they are like plastic I don't know if they would crack of driven, but they certainly would be like wheeling hockey pucks for comparison the 40 TSL I had sitting on the trailer that is 15 years old was softer.

Last edited:

Been commuting to Ft. Collins the last 2 weeks, maybe today I'll beat the traffic.

Spent my last day off picking up parts to replace the radiator in the commander and putting them in . Not much room around the front to pull it out I was lazy and made extra room by bending my a/c line back out of the way to clear the lower inlet...lol...I recall gutting the a/c out of the XJ and how those lines would not break without serious effort . The only thing I hope does not bite me in the ass is thr new lower hose did not have a spring in it to resist cave in I had pulled the spring out of the old hose but set it off to side on the bench and completely forgot to put it in the new hose before installing it and filling the system...I guess if I experience mysterious over heat issues I'll know why and get to drain and install the spring.

Are GM front Dana 60’s really that hard to find these days?

Are GM front Dana 60’s really that hard to find these days?

Well...... If you don't have one already...... I'm gonna have to go with "yes". :D

Been commuting to Ft. Collins the last 2 weeks, maybe today I'll beat the traffic.
I woke an hour before the alarm on Thursday and Friday: Two days in a row without passing an accident on my commute!

I will adjust, but, not accept the stupidity I see on our roadways.

More fun for me. Blew out my knee at work the other day. Awaiting a mri to see if they’ll do surgery or just rehab. Fun times.

More fun for me. Blew out my knee at work the other day. Awaiting a mri to see if they’ll do surgery or just rehab. Fun times.

Listen to those doctors, or do it again...

Listen to those doctors, or do it again...

Yeah I don’t have much of a choice. It happened on the rig so work pretty much is telling me what I’m doing. Timing sucks a big one, but it is what it is. Initial visit made it sound like surgery was inevitable. But we will see after mri.

A trick I learned over 30 years ago will speed up the healing rate at least 500%. And it is totally safe'. It works in 48 hours on gout, bruising, and surgery damage (speeds healing up super fast, reduces scar tissue....)

Google these first two, order online (Local stores do not stock it):

Liposomal Vitamin C, get 500 MG (2 times a day)

Carlson 15,000 IU Vitamin A, take 6 per day (synthetic Retinal, do not get water soluble)

Any standard local 400 IU Vitamin E, 1 per day.

I could write a page paper here on how and why it works, but for now just try it and drink lots of water. A good B-50 complex vitamin would help too.

I have a good 30 year history of many people that have done this for gout, sports injuries, gout, surgery..... and most are shocked at the results in just 48 hours. Yours may take longer.

Yeah I don’t have much of a choice. It happened on the rig so work pretty much is telling me what I’m doing. Timing sucks a big one, but it is what it is. Initial visit made it sound like surgery was inevitable. But we will see after mri.

A trick I learned over 30 years ago will speed up the healing rate at least 500%. And it is totally safe'. It works in 48 hours on gout, bruising, and surgery damage (speeds healing up super fast, reduces scar tissue....)

Google these first two, order online (Local stores do not stock it):

Liposomal Vitamin C, get 500 MG (2 times a day)

Carlson 15,000 IU Vitamin A, take 6 per day (synthetic Retinal, do not get water soluble)

Any standard local 400 IU Vitamin E, 1 per day.

I could write a page paper here on how and why it works, but for now just try it and drink lots of water. A good B-50 complex vitamin would help too.

I have a good 30 year history of many people that have done this for gout, sports injuries, gout, surgery..... and most are shocked at the results in just 48 hours. Yours may take longer.

Speeding up healing is great for mild rupture , but if complete or near complete there is no way to heal with retrenchment surgery .

I pulled my 14 shafts and they look like new so I figure the 4340 Yukon shafts are plenty of an upgrade . The ouverson 300 m shafts are $1250 The Yukon I got for $400 shipped the minimal strength difference between them 300m and 4340 isn't worth $850 , but I really do like the aluminum end caps of the ouverson vs the basic flanged axle ends like stock shafts ... now I need to build drive shafts that aren't sporting 1310 b.s.

Was at the security Federal credit union off Wandsworth and quincy Thursday and while waiting in line a lady in front of me was speaking her business to the teller in English , but when She was taking care of her child who looked about 3 or so She only spoke in Spanish ... Why do these folks only Speak English when they need things from a person that does not speak Spanish and they have no Spanish option and why do they teach their supposedly u.s citizen born children a foreign tongue as their first language . This is not a racist rant this is just my confusion with people who seem to freeload into the country and expect it to change for them . Folks like the lady at the bank are why we waste money on b.s. bilingual schooling because the child they have who should be speaking English was taught that Spanish is his native tongue ... I don't get these folks ?

Back