• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke my swaybar disco mount again looking for options

Spooky

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of just getting stiffer rate coils and ditching the front swaybar. Anyone have any recomendations for a 5.5" to 6.5" coil in a 200+ lb range? My rears are Alcans and I don't remember what spring rate I ended up with but they are significantly stiffer than stock. my passenger side coil is sagged about an inch and has a pronounced bow in it so I need to replace them anyway.(RK 6.5" coils) front shocks are RK's form their 6.5" kit rears are bilstein 5100's.

I broke my passenger side axle mount in half driving over a curb. I have the ORGS 2 inch exteded variety. Something about my front suspension seems to put undue stress on the passenger side mount. I do have some minor contact with my draglink TRE directly below where the mount broke that could be the cause of the problem.

Another option I'm thinking about is geting a duplicate mount from JKS and using the bottom portion of the mount that is still welded to the axle housing as a spacer to prevent contact wity the TRE. I just concered with all the problems I have had with the passenger side mount in the past that this won't hold up for me.

Are any of you using RE's sway bar relocation bracket? Would you recomend it? I also have spring to disco contact due to the sagged spring.

Can anyone recomend a better solution for me?

TIA

I just installed the RE sway bar brackets on both of my XJ's,it really helped with the link alignment!Unfortunately it doesnt help at all with the Drag link issue,Ive got that same problem with both also.I still need a steering upgrade possibly Currie's or ORO's U-turn system!

I've got curries hd steering and the larger components actually increasesed contact with the swaybar mount. Thanks for the info on the relocation brackets.

At this point i'm thinking about RE's 7.5" tj coils, a new extended jks swaybar disco mount, and the RE relocation brackets.

Back