• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

expansion valve ? which way round ?

blu3fan

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys.
On my 92 xj the expansion valve looks like the picture below.
Which way round does it go ?
does it matter?
Thanks!

Pics
8af0b81906f045e660e0e5374a26337b.jpg
120c4bad629ea2f705467d5c4a28a907.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I already solved the issue looking up how an expansion valve works. This issue is resolved. Please stop providing incorrect answers

I already solved the issue looking up how an expansion valve works. This issue is resolved. Please stop providing incorrect answers

Just to clarify, the poster was correct in that some expansion valves do have different sized ports for each side. Obviously this was not the case for yours but the expansion valve for a '95 will only bolt in one way as an example.

Just to clarify, the poster was correct in that some expansion valves do have different sized ports for each side. Obviously this was not the case for yours but the expansion valve for a '95 will only bolt in one way as an example.

I mean... This only bolts in one way correctly. Otherwise the a/c wouldn't function....

Nothing wrong with the response.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you figured it out.

Back