• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Installed my Boostwerks tcase shift linkage. Then I decided to rebuild the transfercase since it still has issues going into and staying in 4lo.

Tcase is currently apart. Have the rebuild kit, but forgot to order a chain. That is on its way. Going to try and get it somewhat put back together this week.

74532462_10222801218329534_1198522449416068481_o.jpg 106368677_10222801217449512_1258469390126110057_o.jpg 75614066_10222801217689518_6679427790474494718_o.jpg

Found my exhaust leak(s) was expecting to find a crack in the exhaust header. Becuase Jeep. But looks like its just the gasket. Ill stow the old header away for the future.

6ceba85f23f7ed4fcd37a06d3f7dffe7.jpg
39c0869b25a155b4da79cc405f8bb3d0.jpg
c05fc75b480a656f6ddab4010859ec1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Got a rock puncture which caused more damage than i was comfortable with patching so rolling on the spare till the new one gets here tues or wed.

a187b3a501fb5c0f6aa5b11389bf06e5.jpg

Got my Corbeau Baja RS’s yesterday

5353C93E-9D48-4F46-B69A-C3800C292381.jpg

Got my Corbeau Baja RS’s yesterday
Very nice.

My leg is messed up so my garage sessions are somewhat limited right now. Managed to hobble around enough to knock out oil and filter change on the XJ and got the steering column partially disassembled on the CJ.

Got the windows tinted last weekend. New spare tire mount for inside showed up, and of course I need to drop the fuel tank to drill the floor for it.

And thats where the trouble began.

When I installed my shackle relocators, I mounted them below the gas tank skid on the nut strip. Effectively, this means I have to disassemble the rear suspension to drop the tank.

I'm glad I figured this out now instead of on a trail with a dead fuel pump, but man did it slow my project down. I've had the Jeep in pieces in the garage all week. Got the suspension back together last night, so tomorrow I can finally drop the tank.

But have you mounted the dual pontoons for flotation yet?:laugh3:

:-(

My son is about to rebuild (just for fun and to sure it is solid) the 4.0 from the rolled (4 years ago) 89 2wd that was my daughter's first Cherokee. It will be the transplant for his new lady:laugh3:, a 1989 Comanche Squaw :laugh3: he towed all the way from Oregon when the crank bearings died 50 miles (Bi-otch did not want to leave Oregon, LOL) down the road after he bought her. She has a 5.5" lift and the big monster tires already, HD rear end... and the peeer-diest new paint job I ever did see. She is a long Bed Comanche too.
Size matters, :D LOL.

The project is in my shop.

Got most everything buttoned back up yesterday, though I think I need to fine tune the shackle angle still. Yesterday's priority was getting it back together so I could gas it up and clean the garage in case Laura came Houston's way.

While I was doing all this other work I decided to install rear BPE's. Broke a bolt. So I drove it to get gas with only 3 shocks. Thus far I've had no luck with a hammer and punch, so its time to bite the bullet and buy air tools.

Bought a compressor. Problem solved in 5 minutes. How have I gone this long without an air hammer?

Got my transfercase put back together and reinstalled. Works well so far. May run out to Bridgeport next weekend to see what more I can break.

Just sold the Suburban too.

Changed front diff fluid.

Today I installed it a New Napa battery #6534:piratefla

You bought the cheap one?
Just kidding.
I work there and know that part number very well. LOL.
My '96 XJ I used to own had the cheaper Napa battery in it from the previous owner. I found the receipt in the glove box. When it died and I replaced it I want to say that it was over 6 years old.
Thinking not bad at all IMO.

Adjusted the shackle angles. Good to drive now.

Slight interference with the new tire mount and the rear seat. May have to cut a little metal out of the seat back to clearance it.

Just waiting on the new rear bumper now.

You bought the cheap one?
Just kidding.
I work there and know that part number very well. LOL.
My '96 XJ I used to own had the cheaper Napa battery in it from the previous owner. I found the receipt in the glove box. When it died and I replaced it I want to say that it was over 6 years old.
Thinking not bad at all IMO.

I just retired from Napa after 36 years I had the 7544 in my jeep it went dead after 6 years I went with the 6534 because I dont plan on having this rig much longer I've had this xj 10 years and ready for something else.

Guessing you fat fingered it and meant a 7534.
I ran 7534 in my '00 and it died at a little over 6 years too.
I decided to give the Legend 8434 at try.
See how that works out.

I just retired from Napa after 36 years I had the 7544 in my jeep it went dead after 6 years I went with the 6534 because I dont plan on having this rig much longer I've had this xj 10 years and ready for something else.

I meant to say 7534 sorry about that the 65 power was 20 bucks cheaper than the 75 legend Lol

If I planned on keeping this jeep mch longer I would have another Legend seris havent drove the jeep much at all since retiring.

Back