• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear end bastard pack rebuild? FML

Wait what? I am... And paid extra for an added leaf.. Doesnt say net lift, just "more lift or for rhose with bigger loads" or something close to that.. with bumper and tire carrier, on top of my shackles... Should be around 5.5

Interesting... Unfortunately my rear axle is on jack stands being cleared of rust and crud.

The front measured to almost 14"s.. Thats curious. Guess its closer to 7"s of lift? Bummer, I dont want to go through lowering it but damn 5.5 is that magic number.

Maybe someone with 35s can measure from ground to a specific point on the unibody since my flares are aftermarket, to confirm this. Sounds like my rear will be a lot lower unless my shackles and added leaf to the 3.5" springs gets me close.

Yet another speed bump lol

Last edited:
I dont want to go through lowering it but damn 5.5 is that magic number...

Sounds like my rear will be a lot lower unless my shackles and added leaf to the 3.5" springs gets me close.

Yet another speed bump lol
It will probably sit high as the springs break in.

Does the Jeep have shackle relocators, U-Bolt eliminators?

If you decide to lower the front, I can make you a screamin'!!! deal on some RE 1345 coils. ;)

Well I’m getting confused... the front sure doesn’t seem all that high, neither did the rear before I dismantled it.

Def has aftermarket shackles. Idk about relocating anything tho :?

Still has U bolts so no they weren’t eliminated.

Uhg, I have no desire to drop the front end again... probably roll with what ever lift she has. 1.5”s ain’t much difference in 5.5 vs 7

I will throw a tape on the new ones... don’t have stock ones to compare to was my point. Do you have the stock measurements? Curious to see what The difference in what I am replacing vs stock now

Ah... ya none of that yet... just aftermarket shackles

Interested in doing a SRB now though! The K suspension ones look nice too..

The no lift by SF is nice... but once you get the shackles to 45* you actually lose lift is my concern?

That same concern is extended to the other brands... I don’t want to ADD unneeded lift.. I guesstimate I have terraflex shackles netting about 3.5”s.. so maybe SFR with the added leaf to the 3.5 pack plus minus will be about right! XD

Last edited:
I have hd relocators waiting to be installed. With my research most shackles will still add lift. Im already at my optimal lift 3.5", I just measured 45* to the bracket and looks like I need 5" to keep this lift. SFR shackles in the mail as well, theyll net me .5 lift still. Not happy about it but its the best option available. The relocation brackets themselves will limit shackle length do to flex, and shackle clashing with the material that now narrows the stock shackle mount. Most shackles I saw add an inch+ with relocation brackets. If you dont want to loose lift theres probably a shackle for you.

I guess I need to install the leaf packs and see where Im at first. SF or K most likely for SRBs-knowing I can always change shackles to an adjustable flavor too

What relocators are you adding? Other then stinky fab I think all SRBs ADD lift? Is there a different no lift out there?

And yess pretty much all aftermarket shackles add lift.. stock is can’t and flimsy, I’ll add a link

picture.php

Not thrilled I have to add the extra leaf.. debating on even doin it.. but I pla to add the spare not the bumper so probably should

Back