• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Got the tie rod in, amazing piece. Steering feels good.

My motor mounts still look ok and I’m lazy so I may wait a bit on those

Contemplating rust removal on the roof and hood, and priming them on the 87 Wagoneer very soon. But my rheumatoid arthritis is killing me again. Trying some diet (recent allergy tests told me that I am allergic to food, :shiver: LOL) changes and supplements and Rx changes. I was told 4 years ago when I got the lab results that 50% of the people diagnosed with this plague are dead in 5 years from it. This is year five for me. I plan to make to make it at least 20 more, I am stubborn old fart LOL.

The spare jeep is ready for AC overhaul and heater hose and bottle and heater valve swap. Got all the parts ready. Once I feel up to it, and if the weather is like today, that is next. But rust on the waggy roof is a rush priority!!! Just afraid I might do joint damage trying to sand right now during this flareup of RA.

vFy0oJDb.jpg

picked up some 37s

37s that's big for an XJ I assume not a DD?

definitely not a DD.

Been a dedicated trail rig for years, I think last inspection/registration was in 14 or 15. guess I could look at the sticker.

I'm a long way from getting on 37s, gotta rebuild the 44s I picked up a few weeks ago, add truss/brackets, steering, etc. :guitar: I would like to get back to street legal as my local club has a new found obsession with weekend trips that involve hitting several parks in a weekend and driving to each. I wouldn't call it overlanding, but rigs are similar in build to overlanders. AT tires and camping style setups. That type of wheeling bores me to tears, but I still want to be street legal. Guess I need to fix that busted taillight and put the headlights back in the grille

better pic
vFy0oJD.jpg

Last edited:
rear bumpstops
extended brake lines all around
got front pipe ready to pull off, I drug it over every rock in Bridgeport and it's shot.
will bleed lines today hopefully and install my new CB antenna mount. the magnetic base ant was a bad idea

Fixed the one last, over looked, diesel fuel line, rubber hose, leaker. That old stuff is no good with today's bio-diesel blends, they turn to chewing gum mush. Worked on my daughter's Tahoo, tranny issues. About time to start sanding an priming and painting to get rid of rust issues on some rigs

Did the headliner today, went to the junkyard yesterday and got a "new" headliner with the center console thingy and the integrated speaker pods.

I also picked up some front door panels. The armrest on mine were coming up.

Looked for some front driveshafts but couldn't find any...

definitely not a DD.

Been a dedicated trail rig for years, I think last inspection/registration was in 14 or 15. guess I could look at the sticker.

I'm a long way from getting on 37s, gotta rebuild the 44s I picked up a few weeks ago, add truss/brackets, steering, etc. :guitar: I would like to get back to street legal as my local club has a new found obsession with weekend trips that involve hitting several parks in a weekend and driving to each. I wouldn't call it overlanding, but rigs are similar in build to overlanders. AT tires and camping style setups. That type of wheeling bores me to tears, but I still want to be street legal. Guess I need to fix that busted taillight and put the headlights back in the grille

better pic
vFy0oJD.jpg

just curious, do u plan on moving back the rear axle to fit the 37s?

just curious, do u plan on moving back the rear axle to fit the 37s?

gonna have to. just hope I don't have to relo the tank.

i've always looked at some of the crazier builds and said "no way, never hacking my jeep up like that". guess who's about to hack their jeep up?

also thought about going with 35s and stock axles. the amount of work I'm about to do is a little nuts to gain 2 inches of tire size.

Last edited:
Trimmed my flares up a bit to make them look better

Started to do my ruffstuff diff cover on the rear, bolts were too short. Should have ordered new ones from ruffstuff. And a gasket so I don’t have to mess with rtv

Gave them some FLARE eh?

LOL

Started up my 85 XJ frankenjeep diesel, still runs like new. Still needs a new brake MC.

Got to test out my new heavy duty 1200 cranking amps party1: li-ion-mini-battery jump starter battery on the 89 white xj I finished the leaf spring nightmare on elm street repair job on. Worked great. I was kinda shocked. Got it on a new China/ebay style website Bangcok something ??? with all the bells and whistles, for USB or cigarette lighter changing and for charging cell phones connection to a laptop etc, cool features. Paid about $65/delivered IIRC. Got tired of pulling out the power cord and Battery charger every time the mystery electron bandit drains the battery on one of non-DD jeeps. It is a totally random problem on one of them.

Still need to sand, prime and paint the roof on my wagoneer and fix the rain leaks before the next puddle jumping frog choking rain event arrives.

Put a new rain tarp on the remains of the 89 that got rolled, that I need to finish stripping....Lots of round-to-its on the bucket list for this old fella.

Trimmed my flares up a bit to make them look better

Started to do my ruffstuff diff cover on the rear, bolts were too short. Should have ordered new ones from ruffstuff. And a gasket so I don’t have to mess with rtv

Diff covers on

Flares on the other side done.

Only parts sitting on my bench now are motor mounts and a fan timer.

Nice. Time to paint the roof on mine.

Helped my daughter over the phone 1500 miles away replace :eek: her first tail light assy, the bulbs, blower resistor pack, swap the dash gauge assy, replace a bad heater core on/off coolant valve Y assy, on her 89 Renix and plugs and wires. All a first for here. party1:

Horns now work on my Jeep. I apparently had no idea what I was doing when I wired in the new horns.

Have new parking brake hardware and proper parking brake cables on the way so I can have a working parking brake for the first time in a long time.

Then its off to get the rear axle geared and maybe locked.

Back