• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Securing the Sound Bar

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a sound bar in my XJ a while back and I didnt get a chance to get the little plate that secures it to the overhead. Is there anything I can do to secure the center of the bar to the over head? at the moment it just sags down at the center.
TIA.

Go Bulldogs,

The little plate is just kind of glued in and the cargo area light screws in to it to support the center of the sound bar. Can you fab up a plate and then screw in to it.

Side note, I spent some time out side of Clovis (ya ever hear of Wonder Valley Ranch?)

Good luck, maybe sombody else will chime in.

Pigpen

yup I've heard of wonder valley, clovis is cool.
Thanks, I'll just fab something up and use some epoxy to secure it to the overhead.

epoxy didnt work, any one have any other ideas? Its about to snap just hanging there overhead...

Mine from the factory was secured my two little pins that screwed into the back roof support (the screw only went in about 1/8" into the the roof support). When I redid my interior, those fragile pins broke taking them out so I just bought a couple of small stud-like things from our local hardware store. I'm not sure that it's called but it has a metal screw on one side and a standard small bolt on the other. I screwed the metal screw side into the hole (just snug as to not poke into the roof itself) in the roof support and secured the center of the sound bar with a nut threaded onto the other end. If you don't have a domelight to use (which also doubles as the center support bracket for the sound bar), you could probably mock something up using a piece of sheet metal. I would not recommend glue if you ever plan on removing it in the future.

You could try to fab something up or search for one in a boneyard.

dsc04194.jpg

Back