• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS track bar and Rubi wheels coming loose...

Jeep Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a JKS adjustable track bar on my rig and it keeps coming loose where its connected to the jeep... makes a nice clanking noise when I turn.. I keep tightening it up but after about a day of driving its loose again.. Another thing, I'm running the same lug nuts from my sport wheels with my new rubicon wheels... after 3 days they were all totally loose.. do I need different lug nuts for these wheels?? thanks in advance!

Jeep Cherokee said:
I've got a JKS adjustable track bar on my rig and it keeps coming loose where its connected to the jeep... makes a nice clanking noise when I turn.. I keep tightening it up but after about a day of driving its loose again.. Another thing, I'm running the same lug nuts from my sport wheels with my new rubicon wheels... after 3 days they were all totally loose.. do I need different lug nuts for these wheels?? thanks in advance!

Lug nut torque on the Rubi wheelis 85 lb/ft.
Also, pull off the wheels and check for this.......look a the lug hole on the backside of the wheel, there is a recessed area that should NOT have a washer inset in it! Odd thing for me to point out? Sure, but when I installed mine, one came loose and when I checked it out, I found washers in the recessed area around the lug holes on wheel mounting flange.........not sure if this was a factory blunder or the original owner's doing.......but removing them solved the problem.

XJEEPER said:
Lug nut torque on the Rubi wheelis 85 lb/ft.
Also, pull off the wheels and check for this.......look a the lug hole on the backside of the wheel, there is a recessed area that should NOT have a washer inset in it! Odd thing for me to point out? Sure, but when I installed mine, one came loose and when I checked it out, I found washers in the recessed area around the lug holes on wheel mounting flange.........not sure if this was a factory blunder or the original owner's doing.......but removing them solved the problem.

Aluminum wheels also require retorqing a couple of times after putting them on, at least thats been my experience in the past.

Back