• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

Looking for some help. Has anyone installed this kit with a clocked 242? I recently clocked my t-case about 10 degrees up and now the linkage hits the front drive line. I have tried every configuration of holes and cant get it out of the way. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Looking for some help. Has anyone installed this kit with a clocked 242? I recently clocked my t-case about 10 degrees up and now the linkage hits the front drive line. I have tried every configuration of holes and cant get it out of the way. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Just replied to your thread in the modified forum. :thumbup:

Thanks for the linkage. I installed some on my old wagoneer FSJ when I did a np231 swap, and also just ordered some for a buddies np231 with manual trans.

I completed the install of a 231 with 2 WL kit. getting the kit to do what it should do took some time. The angle between the shifter and the 231 shift lever was too steep and the amount of movement on the shift lever just was not to my liking.
I am happy I ordered the extension lever. It saved the day while adding several
hours more to the job. I removed the shift lever, mounting bracket attached and welded the extension lever to it. Now all is perfect in NV231 sift land.

Thank you Boostwerks. :cheers:

That is awesome!! Just ordered me one. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out that cluster f$$$
That Jeep had when I rebuilt my t case and I’m pretty sure i installed those linkages upside down. It’s working but never could get it right. Thanks for coming up with a better solution.

Back