NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old September 14th, 2020, 18:57
NAXJA Forum User

Evaporator Core Molded Styrofoam Piece

So after putting it off for several years, I finally pulled the dash on my 2001 Cherokee to replace the bad evaporator core heater core, and old fan motor. The foam that is stuck on the top and ends of the core are good. Actually, I can peel them off and glue them to the new core. The problem is the molded styrofoam piece in the bottom of the box. Where the lead was it ate away the front 1/3 of the bottom. From there back is in decent shape. For those of you who have ran into this, what did you use to replace it?
Old September 14th, 2020, 19:31
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Evaporator Core Molded Styrofoam Piece

Use "non-expanding" spray foam, there are a lot of different types but most will stick to the housing/core (if you think you'll ever do it again) so "wrap" them in something like "Saran" wrap prior.
Old September 14th, 2020, 20:06
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Evaporator Core Molded Styrofoam Piece

Dang! I didn't even think about that. That should work. I'll look for some tomorrow.