• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly vs. Rubber for Leaf Spring Bushings

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
Who out there runs poly on their leaf springs? My bushing sleeves are mangled so it's time for new bushings, just wondering if I want rubber or poly. I've got poly on my LCA bushings and I like the firmness and control, but I don't like the squeaking I get if they're not greased up good. My rear springs have quite a bit of side-to-side play with the current rubber bushings, I'm assuming poly would help that. Mostly just want to hear from guys who run poly or have run it and how you like it, and if it limited off-road flex or not too. TIA.

Poly is squeky and limits travel, but it would get you more handling on the road...

Id stick with rubber if you wheel alot (just MO)

I've read in past posts they are supposed to be pressed in, but anybody done it with a big hammer and socket?

I used POLY bushings in my front & REAR eyelets when I did my 3" OME lift last summer. I noticed a little more squeek from the rear on bumpy roads, but nothing that drives me nuts :wierd: .
I'm putting on poly swaybar bushings this week too...I don't like slop in my suspension.
I'm sure rubber is OK, and I'd probably use rubber next time....

BLUTO :)

Back