• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Steering Stabilizer for a lifted rig

they are probably all the same.

and if you are relying on a super strong steering stabilizer to make your jeep drive OK then you're probably overlooking a greater problem.. i use one from rusty's and it has worked fine. bigger shock body than stock.

How about a 16" chrome coilover body? That'd probably be the BEST damper. Dont forget to get one of those cheesy bolt on brackets to hold it in place.

Seriously though, KYB makes a good damper as does Rancho.

i really like OME ... but i really think the valving is just personal preference.

Speed_racer said:
dave, everyone told me OME doesnt make an XJ one.. I do like their design tho...

well " everyone " is wrong.. tj and xj steering setups are nearly identical and mine works great... i've had OME stabilzers on two XJs and i dont think i'd run anything else... the part number is OME sd40.

I just bought a rough country on ebay, not sure how they are. I run a black diamond on my 95 grand with 30"s and it works great.

I agree with indulf,if your steering is set up right you shouldn't need one.I run 38 Swampers with NO stabilizer.

magoo117 said:
I agree with indulf,if your steering is set up right you shouldn't need one.I run 38 Swampers with NO stabilizer.

So from what you just said, did Jeep not set up the steering correctly from the factory?

Some debate is needed in this thread:D

AARON

Well Shoeboy,read the post...as far as I know Jeep never sold an XJ with 38's,maybe you know something I dont.As far as stock goes,take it off of your stock XJ and you won't notice a difference.If you need it with big tires,big lift your covering another problem up.Again I say if your LIFTED XJ's steering is setup right you shouldn't need one.

MrShoeBoy said:
So from what you just said, did Jeep not set up the steering correctly from the factory?

Some debate is needed in this thread:D

AARON

I think there's a difference between having one, and needing one. I'm not about to go out and take off my stabilizer, though.

Last edited:
any name brand will work fine just pick one.you wont notice much if any difference between them

Back