• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I started the radiator replacement today. That piece of sh!t Grand Cherokee just fights and fights me. Basic tasks just turn into major projects. It's so frustrating. Maybe I can get it finished up tomorrow.

Important note: when I bought this 1998 it looked like a deal. Low mileage and clean. Here is what I've found: low mileage = a Jeep that didn't get driven much because it stayed broken down all the time.

While I love the size and ride, the other issues that plague the ZJ just makes it not worth it. Now I know why they got crunched in the cash for clunkers deal.

The consensus is: Glenn needs a new insurance company and Ed needs to get out of the GC ownership!

I spent Friday fixing all of the stupid crap on my sons MJ while he was in from college. Power steering pulley walked out and chewed up the belt. Bent front and rear bumpers (damn college towns) and then routine maintenance stuff.

Replaced the 8 yo Red top in the wife,s XJ.
Who says they don,t last......
It wasn,t dead,just cranking slow....... It would have died this winter.

I got the hinged window about 95% complete. Just need to figure out how to get it to shut right since the window opening is concave but the plexi is flat.

I got the hinged window about 95% complete. Just need to figure out how to get it to shut right since the window opening is concave but the plexi is flat.

What about some of the latches they used on pickup trucks in the 80's.

Went to Deanna's parents for Turkey day. We had ham and some hens. So now I feel I lost out on Turkey day. Worked in her yard a good bit. Had fire's in her fireplace. Went to Conquest Brewing Black Friday tap take over. Ate a late lunch at Old Chicago Pizza and tap room in Columbia. Sunday I figured out the MJ steering column was catching on the tilt mechanism. Got it tore down and fixed. All in all a great Thanksgiving.

I was at the gas station in the XJ last night and a guy in a big F-250 pulled up and rolled down his window and beckoned me over. I walked over and he said "That is a nice truck. I own a body shop. It looks like you could use some body work. Here is my card." And he hands me his card.

I took it and said, "Nope, she's just how I like it." He said, "really?" and shook his head and before driving off told me, "let me know if you change your mind."

The Grand had a flat tire this morning. I can't do anything but laugh.........

I was at the gas station in the XJ last night and a guy in a big F-250 pulled up and rolled down his window and beckoned me over. I walked over and he said "That is a nice truck. I own a body shop. It looks like you could use some body work. Here is my card." And he hands me his card.

I took it and said, "Nope, she's just how I like it." He said, "really?" and shook his head and before driving off told me, "let me know if you change your mind."

People can't grasp the concept. I'd imagine his truck was lifted with fancy wheels and mud tires but it's never left pavement.

People can't grasp the concept. I'd imagine his truck was lifted with fancy wheels and mud tires but it's never left pavement.

The only body work I ever plan to do to mine is IF/when it tacos and I have to transfer the axles/suspension to another one.

It looks like I need to quit working on my vehicles. It's looking like I just cost myself a ton of money I ain't got. Oh well......

It looks like I need to quit working on my vehicles. It's looking like I just cost myself a ton of money I ain't got. Oh well......

Yea I just replaced the brake axle in my trailer and had to put two new tires on it. Plus side is the 98 got traded for some cool parts.

Saw one of the rarest of all MJs today.

It was in Mopar Hugger Orange with the rare Eliminator package:

713D9F17-DC74-4D85-8806-52B7CFEDAED6_zps9i3hajse.jpg

I patched the Grand back together. So far my prayers have been answered and it seems to run and drive okay. I won't ever make the same mistake again.

I figured you took some off both. I noticed they were both missing tail lights...

I figured you took some off both. I noticed they were both missing tail lights...

The white one was stripped pretty far but ol'orange was mostly intact when I got to it on the 3rd. Kinda sad it was tossed, it seemed like it could have been saved very easy. I got some dash parts, emblems, tailgate and taillights. I almost pulled seats too but I have 5 sets at the moment and dont need to buy more, even if these are good picks.
I had to go back on the 11th for a harness and it looked like it had seen some shit in just a few days.

Back