• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The music in a Bent mind

Disturbed - "Want"

"Sweet F.A." doesn't make sense as the title as it was released in '74 on "Desolation Boulevard" in the US. On the other hand, in Britain it was released in '74 on the album "Sweet Fanny Adams". That release was a mix of "Desolation Blvd" and the previous US release, "The Sweet, featuring Little Willie". :dunno: I'll save that earworm for later.
I have all three, but in the end you are better off with the two US releases; "Desolation Boulevard" being an absolute must have.

The Sweet - "Sweet F. A."

ETA: Here in the US we are not likely to know who Fanny Adams was anyway. How this song actually relates to her in the first place completely escapes me.

Last edited:

The Kinks - "Destroyer"

A couple of unhappy women, I'd say.

Melissa Etheridge - "I'm The Only One"

Malanis Morissette - "You Oughta Know"

Last edited:
But on the other hand...

Collective Soul - "Listen"

Queen - "Who Needs You?"

Last edited:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "Strangered in the Night"

White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"

Last edited:

Styx - "Miss America"

Led Zeppelin - "Going To California"

April Wine - "Crash And Burn"

This was a really good release, though, a little different from them. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure that it has aged all that well.

Last edited:
You'll never guess what I've been listening to. Only meant to post the first one; really!

Head East - "Take a hand" Live

Aw, why not? Twofer.

Head East - "Monkey Shine"

Head East - "Since You Been Gone" Live

Can't help it; metaphorically there's only one direction out of this state.

Sweet - "Discophony"

April Wine - "Wanna Rock"

:rolleyes:

AC/DC - "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

Seemed appropriate.

ETA: This is NOT the song I intended to post. Right band, wrong Album. :banghead:

Last edited:
Seeing that is appears to be Fathers Day......Today?!:gag:

Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"

Collective Soul - "Satellite"

Needed to decide on which version; studio from "Youth" or live with an orchestra from "Home".

I know I have others, it's just these two popped into my head. That doesn't mean the others will sit quietly and leave me alone.

Gee, not "Cat's in the Cradle"?

(Said as Varmint #1 is working on the list of things he needs to take to college...)

Concrete Blonde - "Scene Of A Perfect Crime"

Finally found a version the way my brain plays it, and how it vas recorded; where it wasn't chopped in half.

The Cars - "Moving in Stereo/All mixed up"

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Seemed appropriate.

ETA: This is NOT the song I intended to post. Right band, wrong Album. :banghead:

This is what I really meant to use. Some days the meds work, some days, they don't.

AC/DC - "Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution "

Pearl Jam - "Jeremy:

Dr. Hook And The Medicine Show - "Last Mornin'"

Seemed to go together.

The Moody Blues - Question"

Cream - "Take it back"

Last edited:
This is such a great song from breakthrough album, sometimes it's all about the lyrics.

Counting Crows - "Raining In Baltimore"
This is a tough song to follow.

Maybe one of these?

Head East - "Ticket Back To Georgia"

Boston - "Foreplay / Long Time"

Last edited:
Still about the lyrics, Two great songs from an epic album.

Bad Company - "The way I choose"

I don't get why this was posted the way it was; "acoustic". It is the exact same recording that is on the album it was released on. :dunno:

Bad Company - "Seagull"

Last edited:
Been thinking about some of those I've lost along the way today for some reason. Steve this is for you buddy; crank them one more time.

Judas Priest - "Troubleshooter"

Judas Priest - "Tyrant"

Last edited:
Back