• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disc Brakes in... Need a proportioning valve.

Get a ZJ valve, or a TJ Valve. Both are pretty much the same thing as long as they are 4 wheel Disc brake cars.

I think Oatmeal removed the O-ring and it worked fine. when I did mine, I swapped a ZJ vale in.

Pull the _SPRING_ from the ZJ 4 wheel disc valve and swap it with yours. Leave the o-ring in. I've had them apart on the bench and internally the spring is the difference. Huge difference in braking power with the ZJ spring in the XJ valve and it takes < 5 minutes to do. Be sure to bleed it when your done.

Get a ZJ valve, or a TJ Valve. Both are pretty much the same thing as long as they are 4 wheel Disc brake cars.

I think Oatmeal removed the O-ring and it worked fine. when I did mine, I swapped a ZJ vale in.
Actually I got a GC valve and put the guts in my XJ's valve. The GC valve mounts a little differently so, I didn't want to modify it...........works great! Kirk, read through this thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=978214 some really good info there!---------Hans

Last edited:
Actually I got a GC valve and put the guts in my XJ's valve. The GC valve mounts a little differently so, I didn't want to modify it...........works great! Kirk, read through this thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=978214 some really good info there!---------Hans

The pistons are the same, spring is way stiffer in the GC valve, which is why I just swapped the spring into the Cherokee valve.

I tried mine with o-ring in, out, WJ, XJ valve, and for me the WJ valve with the seal removed was by far the best on my XJ.

Is the WJ valve a drop in? I don't really want to change any of the fittings. I had enough fun re-flaring the rear lines. I'm the bolt on king (well just behind Blazair).

Just out of curiosity, how much difference in braking force is there when changing proportioning valve, versus just running the discs by themselves??

I have had rear discs on for over a year and never swapped in a Prop. Valve???

The seem fine to me, am I missing something?

you don't need the t-fitting like that write up says. the rear output is just capped off, remove the cap and it will work with out that fitting

Kirk.

Just pm me your addy and I will mail you a spring from the ZJ prop valve. I currently have a ZJ, WJ, and XJ prop valves all torn apart on the bench for comparison... There looks to be no physical difference between the three..

I have had rear discs on for over a year and never swapped in a Prop. Valve???

The seem fine to me, am I missing something?

Im with you JohnX.

Back