• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly bushings instead of rubber for RE LCA's?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have Super-Flex lower adjustable control arms and the rubber bushings are shot. The rubber bushings didn't last long at all IMO, so Im wondering if anyones knows of poly ones to replace the rubber ones with. Thanks for reading -Travis

I dont know if the Daystar will fit the RE CA. I just replaced all my stock CA bushings with the POLY Daystar kit from Quadratec.

:peace: If no one has a simple answer for you, take the control arm or the a bushing to your local 4x4 shop[not 4WD Hardware, they are the Auto Zone of off road shops] & have them match them for you. I now have Tera-Flex bushings in my Rancho control arms & It only took the counterman about 5 minutes of looking to come up with them. 4WD said they could not help me, there was no cross reference. Just find a good parts man & bring a sample.

oo7ravisXJ said:
I have Super-Flex lower adjustable control arms and the rubber bushings are shot. The rubber bushings didn't last long at all IMO, so Im wondering if anyones knows of poly ones to replace the rubber ones with. Thanks for reading -Travis

[FONT=&quot]The rubber bushings in my RE CAs have not lasted all that long. In daily use, I have replaced them twice in around 50,000 miles.
They are very different than the OEM bushings and are not interchangeable.
The rubber is not bonded to a shell as the OEMs are.
Once the control arm has been removed, the RE bushings knock out easily.
You might be able to replace them one at time while still in the Jeep.

I wish I had known about and spent the money for the JKS CAs.[/FONT]

Poly bushings suck, noisy, no flex, wear like ass. Nothing beats an OE Moog/Clevite K3131 bushing.

I'd suggest having OE bushing cradles welded on and pressing some OE bushings in. Just make sure whoever welds it all up for you maintains the eye to eye length.

Back