• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loose Track Bar

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
Loose Track Bar

The hole in the axle bracket for the track bar on my jeep is starting to get enlarged. It’s kinda one of those the worse it gets the faster it gets worse things. So I figure I got at least two options:

• Get some plates welded on to both sides with the appropriate sized hole. They could be kinda thick and that would make it kinda bullet proof. Getting it done would be a pain and I would need a longer bolt. I’m not even sure how one would get the plate on the back side.
  • I could just drill the hole out to a bigger size and put in a bigger bolt. Th problem there would be replacing the fancy Nut in a stick thing that letts you get the nut on.
Any other suggestions or ideas? Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

By the way I am running an RE lift with there 1600 Track bar.

How about welding the old hole closed and redrilling a new hole.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
How about welding the old hole closed and redrilling a new hole.

That may be a good option for the one in the back that would be hard to get a new plate on from the back and then I could do like a 10 gage plate on the front to really beef it up.

I picked up a hard washer of the right size to weld over the front on mine. I figured if I can keep one side from moving, the other side should at least be a little easier to keep it in place. Ran it that way for a couple of years.

The other problem with going to a larger bolt is that you may also have to drill out the bushing as well.

Back