• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

poly or rubber

Rubber

Poly do squeak badly, however much you grease them on installation - if you go down that route, save yourself some hassle and fit grease nipples to the control arms while they're out. That way you save having to pull them every few months to regrease. (Make sure they sit flush with the internal surface so you don't get unnecessary wear to the bushing)

However, they do appear to improve the steering sharpness a little, so it depends if it's your DD or trail rig.

Rubber = smoother ride (less vibration) + better articulation
Poly = last longer (in salty states) + better control (for you lowered street racer cherokees)

Uppers are K3128
Lowers are K3131

rngrfrd2000 said:
time to replace the upper and lower control arm bushing....what do you guys run?

I run poly since mine is a 99% street, 1% trail Jeep. I bought the Energy Suspension master bushing kit years ago and just replaced the stock rubber bushings as and when needed. UCA, LCA, anti-sway bar, and track bar bushings are now all poly. Body roll in the corners is much less than before and the Jeep is a lot more fun to drive.

Rubber: disintegrates if you live in hot dusty climate, softer ride
Poly: last forever, harder ride, improved handling

Back