• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cowl hood xj

Blackash132

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a cowl hood for an 2000 xj. I'd like a metal one not fiberglass. I have all sorts of hail damage on the hood and ins. will pay for a new one. I'd like a cowl instead of regular so i don't have to put vents in thanks

whats the price of that thing

Just get some Chrysler Lebaron hood vents. They are dirt cheap, work good, and look awesome, enough said.

I fitted one to mine that I bought of eBay earlier this year.

Bonnet.jpg

Whole write up on my site. http://go.jeep-xj.info

The main things that I have noticed since fitting the hood are that it now takes a lot longer before my twin electric fans kick in when waiting at the lights on hot days. Often they dont have to come on at all before I start driving again where as before they would always come on. This is showing that the hot air venting out while still is helping keep the temps down longer. The other is that even when the engine has got hot on a long sand dune run while towing for instance, that the recovery rate is far quicker than before.

Gojeep said:
The main things that I have noticed since fitting the hood are that it now takes a lot longer before my twin electric fans kick in when waiting at the lights on hot days. Often they dont have to come on at all before I start driving again where as before they would always come on. This is showing that the hot air venting out while still is helping keep the temps down longer. The other is that even when the engine has got hot on a long sand dune run while towing for instance, that the recovery rate is far quicker than before.

It is expensive but I really like it, while you don't have the issue down there I bet here in the NE it would also aid with frozen windshield and get you going faster in the mornings without having to do any serious ice scraper work...

GoJeep,

I love the way you keep your XJ clean like you do.

XJ Saga said:
GoJeep,

I love the way you keep your XJ clean like you do.

He he, I always like to clean it before doing mods so it looks good in the photos ;) It usually only gets washed once a month otherwise.

Go-Jeep... how in the world do you keep your XJ looking go beautiful???? are there no trees on the trails in the Outback???? i only have one door left that don't have a dent in it.... everything else is tweaked!!!

robs said:
Go-Jeep... how in the world do you keep your XJ looking go beautiful???? are there no trees on the trails in the Outback???? i only have one door left that don't have a dent in it.... everything else is tweaked!!!
Not to many trees in a desert!

1995-21.jpg

1995-25.jpg

1997-34.jpg

Here one way to wash it while on holiday's ;)

1998-21.jpg

1999-4.jpg

We do have plenty of trees but wheel in mid summer so leaves me traction enought of stay off them ;)

Back