• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Been a long time, but I'm back with a Cherokee ?...

SoreRunner

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a stock 1994 Cherokee Sport. It has, I believe to be an AX-15 transmission. I replaced the motor mounts with Brown Dogs poly mounts. And at the same time, I replaced the transmission/transfer case mount with a Daystar poly mount as well. I was trying to get rid of the slop when you tap the gas peddle and let off the gas peddle. I hope you understand this, forward/backward motion you get. Feels like bad mounts, makes your body shift. Anyway's, well found all three mounts very warn out and needing replacement. Since replacement, the Cherokee still has this issue. I'm wondering now, if it's the chain in the 231. The 4x4 works very well, for street use that is. I've never had this on gravel/dirt yet. So, yeah...just feeling for your idea's.

So far, I have noticed a u-joint cap is slightly crooked in the rear yoke of the 231. Hopefully...if time will be my friend tomorrow, I will run by six states and have them do the rear drive-shaft u-joint's. As usual, thank you to your knowledge NAXJA friend's.

NW-XJ-Scott just told me...10-20 dollars installed. That's if you hand them the drive-line. Also, I guess they can do it while you wait, too! I will try to find out tomorrow.

they did both of my rear Driveshaft U-joints.. with Spicer joints, for a total of like $33 installed

I arrived there about 1 pm today. Was told early mornings are best for the 20 minute wait job. With coins handed back to you, $27.00 will cover the fee for the service, and it will include two 1310 joint's. So um...yeah, do the math. Not a waste, to roll into Six States early.

.next time...I will type the word out just for you. LOL!

Great I look forward to it.

I couldn't say bad ujoints it was already said twice, needed something else.

Anyway seems like a pretty good deal with joints included.

Back