• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best rust reversal/treatment products???

I cut the rockers out of my XJ and was generally removing rust. I used Rust Kutter from tractor supply to stabilize the rust and I removed the loose stuff mechanically.

Was going to order this stuff and coat everything with it:
https://www.amazon.com/Corroseal-Wa...emover&qid=1593263406&sr=8-29&tag=googhydr-20

Not sure if I should top coat it because I will be welding in the rockers, the primer may be enough. Then I will use a cavity wax inside of the rockers before I cap them off.

I already bought/received my order from Eastwood....
I got a can of ...... Internal frame coating (green)
Rust Converter
Rust incapsulator (silver)
I probably won't get to try them for about a month. I'm starting my Super AW4 rebuild on Friday and I still have rebuild my transmission jack and make a trans adapter for my engine stand.

One of these days I am going to treat myself to one of the inspection cameras.
Go into the uni-body and see what the Eastwood stuff I did about 6 years ago looks like.

That's a good idea, I do have a 3' inspection camera that I'll try a before and after look. I don't recall if the camera will do any "downloading" and I'm not sure it will make the radius to get it inserted thru a frame hole?

I've cut a small piece of acetate to attach to the nozzle and act as a stand-off and have gotten the tube to be straight. I will either attach a 2' piece of Nichrome or Nyrod to be able to control/turn it.
P1080775.JPG

Figure you have a few holes to work with. Ones on the bottom and ones on the side of the uni-body. I am thinking you can get enough of an idea of what it looks like in there for some before and after.

I am not sure if I should buy one of those Amazon ones I can hook up by WiFi or Bluetooth to my iPad or buy a self contained unit like the Milwaukee M12 thing.

I used chassis saver on my Jeep and loved it. Easy to put on. Came out smooth and dries super hard. Liked it better than POR-15 that I have used in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back