• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94-96 Fan bracket bearing

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ and I need a bearing for the Fan bracket. The bearing that was in there was a ball roller type. It had rollers 1 end and balls the other end. Does anybody know where I can get a ball roller replacement bearing for this. I have seen the NSK 885586 but it is a ball ball type and not sure if this will last. I did replace this bearing with one from Summit Racing / Omix which is made in India but it only lasted 2 years and almost took out my radiator again.

I expect your location poses the challenge for you.

A quick search by the given P/N brings up this table for me: http://www.peakbearings.com/water-pump-bearings4.htm The bearing P/N you provided is toward the bottom of the table. Can you order it from them? Or find out from them who is a distributor for Australia?

Odds are you already know this, but someone else who finds this thread later may not know: You will probably need to cut one end of the shaft off with that bearing. Our XJs don't have in impeller on the back side of this particular bearing.

Back