• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

yeah, it was just the small bottom spring. i spent 3 hrs at the junk yard this morning hoping i could find any xj with a d44 and a lift to snag some parts, but all the d44's were gone and they didn't have anything i was looking for. i did escape with a BMW, VW and Mercedes emblem though. I decided to call it good and get rid of the other small spring and temporarily run with 2" lift blocks to balance out the lift. The springs account for the actual lift though.

thethinginthewoods said:
yeah, it was just the small bottom spring. i spent 3 hrs at the junk yard this morning hoping i could find any xj with a d44 and a lift to snag some parts, but all the d44's were gone and they didn't have anything i was looking for. i did escape with a BMW, VW and Mercedes emblem though. I decided to call it good and get rid of the other small spring and temporarily run with 2" lift blocks to balance out the lift. The springs account for the actual lift though.

You can have my old spring pack and see if you can take anything off of it...

i appreciate it, but i don't think the stock stuff will work with the lift. What i thought was kinda weird though, was that the angled shims under the leaf springs are supposedly stock, but on my quest to find some, there are none to be found anywhere; not even on stockers.

Shims are not stock, but can be obtained very easily at most Offroad stores. Which jeep was yours (sorry I have forgotten) and how much lift are you running? I might have a spare bottem leaf of a rustys pack...

-Alex

I didn't think the shims were stock, but I talked with a guy at one of the local 4x4 shops and he said they didn't carry them because they are stock and I would have to go to a place like Les Schwab or a junk yard to find one. My xj was the 89 custom camo with the 5.5" ruby express lift.

Back