• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift questions

srkruger

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ Cherokee sport and was wondering what the easiest way to put a two inch lift on it would be. Should i go with the dakota leafs and new coils in the front or shakle lift in the back with spacers in the front? Which is easier, which has better reformance, and which one would be better>

Well.... first, go to the mod tech forum and look for budget boost.... I could swear this topic was covered at least 3 times in the past month :D

Anyways, the short version is front spacers rear AAL (full length)... that's the best way....... and for more details look through the other posts :D

srkruger said:
I have a 1994 XJ Cherokee sport and was wondering what the easiest way to put a two inch lift on it would be. Should i go with the dakota leafs and new coils in the front or shakle lift in the back with spacers in the front? Which is easier, which has better reformance, and which one would be better>

You have conflicting criteria.

Dakota leaves will likely net more than the 2" you want. If you want to go AAL in the rear, get a Rancho AAL kit made for the XJ. It's rated at 2" to 2-1/2".

New coils are clearly "better" than spacers, but other than OME I am not aware of anyone who offers 2" lift coils for the XJ. Spacers will run you about $35 to $40 -- coils will cost two ot three times that.

In the back, the AAL is easier to install than a shackle, especially if the shackle bolts are rusted. Better? The AAL reinforces the existing spring. The shckle does NOT reinforce the existing spring, and by increasing the range of spring movement actually contributes to accelerating sagging of the springs.

The AAL makes the ride a bit firmer. Whether or not this is uncomfortable is a matter of opinion. I think the AAL makes the ride better than stock. A shckle preserves the original soft ride, if that's important to you.

Frankly, if you're looking for a 2" lift I'd advise you to get Rusty's 2" lift with full-length AAL. Last I knew it was still $99.

Back