• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight harness upgrade questons

xjfish

NAXJA Forum User
I really want to upgrade to H4s and have a better overall harness that uses relays. I actually need to do this since my stock harness is in bad shape and i've had numerous headlight probs in the past, not to mention the dim factor... I have seen them available for as low as $35-50 + ship but I would like to build my own a little bit overkill if possible. I am NOT an electrical genius but i think I can handle it with a good write up. Gojeeps is great but still not quite "dumbed up" enough for me. Is there other writeups that you reccomend? Should i even bother building one in the first place? Also where do these connections wire up to?? Still use the factory headlight knob to turn them on or seperate switch?

Thanks in advance for any advise given! :)

If you want, PM me your snail mail addy and I'll send you something. I don't have a digital how-to set up, but I can write something out and include a drawing of how I did it to save you a headache, if you want. If you have a scanner, you can feel free to scan and post my schematic and/or drawing - PROVIDED you email a copy to me as well!

5-90

5-90 said:
If you want, PM me your snail mail addy and I'll send you something. I don't have a digital how-to set up, but I can write something out and include a drawing of how I did it to save you a headache, if you want. If you have a scanner, you can feel free to scan and post my schematic and/or drawing - PROVIDED you email a copy to me as well!

5-90
You should run to Kinkos man! I would like that too. I wanna do this but don't wanna lay down the cash for something I can build myself. So far I havn't found any good site to show me the best way to do it...I want some pics man.

Back