• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liners for NOISY jeep.. or options.

poomba

NAXJA Forum User
Cherokee Front Liner
Select Color: Black
Select Year: 1984-1994 3000 69.95

1 Cherokee Rear Liner
Select Color: Black 69.95

1 Cherokee Cargo Liner
Select Color: Black 79.95

Subtotal: 219.85

Shipping: 60.21

Interior was ripped out, but I'm about to go deaf riding in a tin box with super swampers, looking at these as a possible solution..is there a better/cheaper option?
:confused:
http://www.4by4connection.com/jeep19.html

earplugs?

I feel for ya, most of the insides of my junker is torn out...I have left the door trim, plastic on the a & b pillars, headliner pad, console & 2 front buckets... It does tend to 'resonate' especially with mud tires at highway speeds.

Removing the back 1/4 glass helps...defeat the 'inside the bass-drum' effect...that isn't a great solution for high-desert winters tho... I love my discman & headphones :) but that's just replacing one cause of deafness for another.

Since Dynomat etc...is so pricy, howabout spray or roll-in bedliner material on all exposed surfaces? Mine is altogether too filthy inside to be worth cleaning so the stuff would stick, but YMMV?

Re: earplugs?

woody said:
[

Since Dynomat etc...is so pricy, howabout spray or roll-in bedliner material on all exposed surfaces? Mine is altogether too filthy inside to be worth cleaning so the stuff would stick, but YMMV? [/B]

Herculined the entire inside floor, and the wheelwells inside, but didn't help as much as I'd hoped. And yeah, earplugs are a must..

Lookup fatmat on Ebay, it works great, but most sound deadeners aren't mud friendly. Stick it on large vertical panels like door skins and you will be amazed at how much noise is reduced. Also, Filling in the bottom of your doors and seams of your body in the hatch area with Great Stuff (foam sealant sold at Home depot) helps keep water from seeping in and seals out a surprising amount of highway noise.

What about just pulling out a factory liner from a junked XJ or are you trying to avoid the carpet?

ACE said:
What about just pulling out a factory liner from a junked XJ or are you trying to avoid the carpet?

Nod, the pig leaks like a seive, and well..if ya saw my pics (poomba's revenge album), I'm pretty sure there's a Utah version of Lock Ness Monster in there, and I need the reward money to buy armor...glub, glub.. Seriously, though, I wanted ease of cleaning, but..well, you'll see tomorrow, it's noisy. I've even thought of saying screw it (o-pun the door), putting in plywood, and bolting down tool box in the back.. Kicking around ideas, but I want it to be fun to drive, and trail ready by the spring, by NAXJA standards. The fatman soundeadening stuff looks practical, and within my skill range. I just have so much to do, hard to focus on what's important.

Back