• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On Board Air

york?

If your making your own mount then you could use just about anything you want!
Having said that I do recommend an "oil" type compressor.

Last edited:
So I could run any A/C Compressor that works with our serpentine belt? But is there any other stock Compressors that work better then others? I was also planning on running a Tool Oiler on the intake line and a water / oil separator on the out put line to the tank.

yes you will need both i highly recommend going with the york thats what i have on mine and its the best. plus you can get one cheap at a junkyard got mine for 29$ also check out kilbyenterprises.com

So I could run any A/C Compressor that works with our serpentine belt? But is there any other stock Compressors that work better then others? I was also planning on running a Tool Oiler on the intake line and a water / oil separator on the out put line to the tank.
If you go with a York compressor you will not need an inline oiler and if you make your own brackets it will be fairly easy. You can get a pulley for the alternator that has serpentine to drive the alternator and a v-groove for a belt to drive the compressor. That way you save money on an expensive serpentine drive clutch for the York. The pulley can be bought from Kilby Enterprises.

Sorry for the high jack but was wondering what you guys would think is the best viair compresser for a tank just under 3 gallons the 400C with 2.54 cfm flow vs the 450C at 1.66 cfm. I would like to be able to run an impact gun thanks.

If you want to run an impact i would go CO2, My 10 gallon Ultimate Air with high flow reg. does just fine but your hands will get cold.

Back