• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

From Plastic to Plush :)

Covering the plastic-parts is time-consuming. A lot of trial and error. I still have fine-tuning to do. In the meantime... Here are some pictures of the progress:

V3L1xTg.jpg

E4vwkO0.jpg

Working on the trim (continued)

Doing some fine-tuning... Was not happy with the seams.

The solution:

yrqBI42.png

Crist, I believe we have a mutual acquaintance in Jeremy Hodges over at Jeremy's Radio Emporium. He was working on my vintage Jeep in dash radio/CD player for my 96 XJ Country, the much later and less luxuriously appointed high end XJ after yours. Unfortunately he was unable to get it completely operational again. He got it working on the AM side however the FM and CD portions are not there. He let me know you had given him the owners manual for my radio and he's in the process of digitally cleaning a copy.

Wow.. What an undertaking! And awesome sauce attention to detail!

She is coming along beautifully!!

I know its a restoration project- and returning it to its original glory- but id ponder a little budget booster to get some 30s or 35s on it. That clean of a build would look nice with a little stance on it ��

If (as I suspect) this is going to be street-only, no mods should be required for 30x9.50 save a couple washers under the steering stops.

That said, having run a 2-inch lift and 30x9.50s for some years I always felt that was how the XJs should have been configured from the factory.

Crist, I believe we have a mutual acquaintance in Jeremy Hodges over at Jeremy's Radio Emporium. He was working on my vintage Jeep in dash radio/CD player for my 96 XJ Country, the much later and less luxuriously appointed high end XJ after yours. Unfortunately he was unable to get it completely operational again. He got it working on the AM side however the FM and CD portions are not there. He let me know you had given him the owners manual for my radio and he's in the process of digitally cleaning a copy.

Jeremy has done me good! Yeah... I sent him a copy of my manual. And I look forward to seeing the cleaned-up version!

What model radio do you have?

If (as I suspect) this is going to be street-only, no mods should be required for 30x9.50 save a couple washers under the steering stops.

That said, having run a 2-inch lift and 30x9.50s for some years I always felt that was how the XJs should have been configured from the factory.

My point exactly! Should habe come from the factory that way! Spacers and shackles... Maybe upcountry package shocks and call it a day!

In my post i wrote 30s or 35s- I clearly meant 30 or 31x10.5s LOL

Jeremy has done me good! Yeah... I sent him a copy of my manual. And I look forward to seeing the cleaned-up version!

I have Model 82300393. At one time I had a pull out version, 82300392, several years ago but I can't remember what I did with it. I must have sold it. It would not fit in the dash of my Cherokee. When I bought it, the seller did not indicate that is was the pull out version. I also had another 82300393 that had issues and sent it to a repair shop and they notified me they could not fix it and never sent it back.

Unfortunately the scan you sent to Jeremy was not the greatest so he's having difficulty cleaning it up. The images are too blurry to clean up. Perhaps if you had the chance to rescan at a higher resolution it might help with his effort.

CONSOLE:

lJIsUiY.jpg

:party:

Radio(s) Manual

Unfortunately the scan you sent to Jeremy was not the greatest so he's having difficulty cleaning it up. The images are too blurry to clean up. Perhaps if you had the chance to rescan at a higher resolution it might help with his effort.

I wish I could help... I only have one scanner.

What does NOS mean?

Ah... Fancy!
Thx

Hi,

I registered to follow this build. Beautiful work!

Can you post some more photos of the recent work? Is she already on the road?

I have a '89 Wagoneer with 83k miles, 100% original and a '92 Briarwood with 17k miles, 100% original.
Best regards from Belgium.

Hi,

I registered to follow this build. Beautiful work!

Can you post some more photos of the recent work? Is she already on the road?

I have a '89 Wagoneer with 83k miles, 100% original and a '92 Briarwood with 17k miles, 100% original.
Best regards from Belgium.

I don't work on Desirée much in the Summer months. Will be re-starting soon!

Back