• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix map vacuum question

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Does the map sensor line diameter matter? Will the size of the line effect the vacuum amount required for the sensor? I found a leak yesterday from the connection into the throttle body and I want to tap the hole to put a more solid connection for the vacuum hose but I think any barbed connector that I can screw into a tapped hole will have a bigger diameter hole than there is right now. Thanks

Does the map sensor line diameter matter? Will the size of the line effect the vacuum amount required for the sensor? I found a leak yesterday from the connection into the throttle body and I want to tap the hole to put a more solid connection for the vacuum hose but I think any barbed connector that I can screw into a tapped hole will have a bigger diameter hole than there is right now. Thanks

Not sure the answer to your diameter/vac question, but I had a similar problem and the cheapo generic rubber lines from the auto store kept melting or breaking right over the exhaust manifold shield. I finally went and found a little length of aluminum tube at the hardware or hobby store, and it fit perfectly into the throttle body grommet (dabbed a little bit of RTV to seal it). I pre-bent it very carefully to route it up towards the MAP without kinking, and attached it with a piece of thicker rubber line from a generic Dorman vac attachment kit. It works great. I've been meaning to do a prettier one with a brake line bender, which is what I'd suggest if you go that way.

Diameter does not really matter. I use windshield washer hose on mine.

Try to stay close to the same ID as the OEM. In other words do use a 3/4" ID hose, that would slow the MAP sensor response time. Use high quality Vacuum hose and or tubing.

Back