• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic bushing on Dana 30 CAD

drewmj

NAXJA Forum User
So to start off, I've got a 1991 MJ with the CAD front axle. I had the shafts and carrier out to put an aussie locker in and when I pulled the cover for the CAD motor, i found little bits of broken plastic. I've searched and all I've found is that it's for a little plastic bushing that is supposed to keep the inner and outer shaft aligned so the collar can engage correctly.

The bushing:
http://www.quad4x4.com/catalog/qu40107

Now my problem is this thing was grenaded already when I pulled the cover off and I have no idea how it's supposed to go on or if it's really even needed. I figured the metal bearing on the inner tube was supposed to support the inner shaft and then the outer shaft being keyed into the inner shaft and supported by the hub on the other side wouldn't put too much pressure on the seal. Do I really need to order a new plastic bushing or can I just scrape out what's left and run it?

Last thing I want to do is replace that passenger axle seal again, but it looks like I'll have to wait a while for this little plastic bushing. Thanks in advance guys

Back