• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From Wisconsin

FattyPatty

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I recently joined this site. I am gonna pay up when I get some cash in my pay pal unit. I bought my first XJ a month ago. A 2-door. I just wanted to say hi cause I will be lurkin around here suckin up info and occasionally askin stupid questions. I am 25 and have been a welder/machinist for 8 years. I just quit my machinist job and swore it off for good. I spent july workin on my Jeep and being a jobless piece of shit. Now I am working at true value while I figure what the hell I want to do. I just got engaged too.

If anybody is in Wisconsin and needs help weldin' or wrenchin' shoot me an e-mail
I have only lived here 2 years and I need to find somethin to do. I want to start wheelin but I don't really know where to start learin. Up until now I was always playin with fast street cars but if I kept doing that I was gonna lose my liscense or kill somebody, so I
always liked XJs and here I am.

Here is my e-mail [email protected]

Howdy howdy howdy!
Glad you found us and welcome to the board.
We're glad you wanna join up!
If you wanna go wheeling and hang with some bad-assed cats, this is the club to join.
Check in often for new events or just simple get togethers.:D:thumbup:

The "other" forum is ok, I dunno if you guys say its name here. But this one seemed a little more wheelin oriented. I mean I love my cherokee in all its jeepness but the guys over there are talkin about speakers and fixin simple stuff. Plus there seemed to be alot of people here fabricating stuff

FattyPatty said:
The "other" forum is ok,

The "other" forum? I can only assuming you are refering to JU? Is so...there is NO comparison.

Got an event coming up if you wanna meet us, and see if we are you knida folk.

Rev

FattyPatty said:
The "other" forum is ok, I dunno if you guys say its name here. But this one seemed a little more wheelin oriented. I mean I love my cherokee in all its jeepness but the guys over there are talkin about speakers and fixin simple stuff. Plus there seemed to be alot of people here fabricating stuff

Where you lookin' at? Sounds like the H2 forum.?.?

Anyway... Welcome to NAXJA!

Btw... when you join, you will be part of the best chapter around.

Last edited:
I have been readin that thread over the past couple days. Does anyone show up at your events with stock stuff? I would really just want to come down to hang out/camp and check out different setups. I have read alot about what people use on the web but I really have to see the stuff in action to get an idea for what I want. If there are trails a stock XJ can handle I'm game just don't wanna do it by myslef.

For now I have just serviced everything and now I am replacing sheetmetal
and next week hopefully I am gonna hit it with the por-15

But like I said, I really wanna see different set-ups in use to see what I like and what should come first.

It seems alot of people lift there XJ off the bat, but I can't even get anywhere with all the one wheel peel action. I really would like some lockers

wheeling your XJ stock is one of the best things you can do to become a better driver. make sure you have tow points and skid plates, and wheel it as is for a while.

i don;t understand why so many people feel they need to lift and get bigger tires before they hit the trails......then they don't know how to pick a line......

BTW- welcome

IntrepidXJ said:
wheeling your XJ stock is one of the best things you can do to become a better driver. make sure you have tow points and skid plates, and wheel it as is for a while.

i don;t understand why so many people feel they need to lift and get bigger tires before they hit the trails......then they don't know how to pick a line......

BTW- welcome

Truer words have never been spoken, THIS is one of the reasons we love Randy.

Rev

Welcome aboard Cheesehead!

All of the MWC bruthas and sistas are great people. I encourage you to attend a MWC event, wheeling or non. Sounds like you'll fit in nicely.

Oh, and dito what Randy said.:D

Hale

I have been doing some stuff around the county I live in, climbin hills finding new ways to get stuck. I really razzed my neighbor the other day, he has a suburban that is lifted 6" and has 35s. He climbed up and over a rather steep short hill right near here and with his long wheelbase he srcaped a little. and a couple days later he was talkin smack about my "ugly" jeep (this comin from a guy that drives a friggen bus) So I went up and over a couple times but ended up ripping my exhaust off the last time. It was all rusted out anyway. I figured wheelin stock 1)Would help me learn
2)Help figure out what comes first 3)After a couple days I was really surprised with what I was doin. Its real easy to start shoppin around for parts and start thinkin ya need this that and the other thing just to leave the driveway

Alright ture value! I work there part-time. Fun stuff aint it?:rolleyes:

well welcome to the forums, i still have a stock jeep, and have wheeled it every so often and have yet to get bored or feel the need for a lift, so just enjoy it now, and if you start getting into more hardcore stuff, go for the lift.

oh yeah, GO PACKERS!!!

91Limited said:
GO AWAY PACKERS!!!

FIXED :D

Welcome fatty patty. you will be official once you make it to a campfire. Carnagefest is a good opportunity for you to meet these fawkers.

...BOB

Welcome aboard...
Jeeplas and I live 3 miles from the Cheddar curtain.
We go to Madison quite often.
I know P.W. is quite a ways away, but if you ever get in the Mad city area, give us a shout!

P.S. say hey to these guys when you see them around town....
5975.jpg

(no one will ever get that...)

Back