NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2003, 09:46
NAXJA Member

NAXJA Rubicon event

I think we're due for an official Rubicon event next summer, what do you think? I would like to nail down a date, and hopefully an event coordinator, so we can announce it in Moab. Can you Sierra chapter honchos kick it around, quickly, and see if you can nail something down? I will plan to be there, and can help out with arrangements. We'd need to reserve the camping at Rubicon Springs right away.

We're also going to do a CO event, which will need to be around the same time, so we need to coordinate the dates. If they are back to back weekends, some could actually use vacation time and hit both runs if they wanted.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old September 27th, 2003, 11:10
NAXJA Forum User

I'll help out, only if you please don't have next years swamp run on the weekend of the 7-8 August. I think either 31-1 or 14-15 would be perfect,

I vote for June, seemed to be a great month for the Con, I only request that the it not be the 5-6, any other weekend would be great.

I hope everyone understands my scheduling conflicts, the weekends mention are on my drill duty weekends. I also understand that the group must come first when planning these things. TIA
Old September 27th, 2003, 14:45
NAXJA Forum User

I'll help out as always.
What dates are you looking at for Colorado? I assume it's going to be the high mountain pass stuff so maybe July sometime?

Jes
Old September 27th, 2003, 22:25
NAXJA Member

The good time for CO is end of July/first of Aug. It looks like Swamp will be Aug 13-15......that's my 3 day weekend. Maybe last week of July/first weekend of Aug would be a good time, then the CO event could be the next weekend if that worked for Grant. We have to make sure it doesn't conflict with the Jamborees, this year Jeep Jamboree was Aug 8-10, so it will probably be Aug 6-8 next year.

Oops, just checked the Jeepers Jamboree schedule and they are July 23-25 and July 30-Aug 1. So that means that won't be a good time for us.

So, either before or after the Jamborees, which would be the middle weekend of July or the middle weekend of Aug. We could do Swamp on July 30-Aug 1, and then do Rubicon Aug 12-15, or leave Swamp the middle of Aug and do Rubicon the middle of July. Anyway, you guys kick it around.

Who's willing to be the event chairman?
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old September 27th, 2003, 23:12
NAXJA Forum User

Next summer's a little early for me to have my rig finished

Sounds like a plan for a event on the Rubicon.

SeanP
Old September 29th, 2003, 17:56
NAXJA Member

So, is this going to be a Sierra Chapter project?

Anyone want to talk about coordinating this thing, or will I need to recruit someone when we're in Moab?

I will help, but I don't want to carry the ball.
Old September 29th, 2003, 18:23
NAXJA Forum User

I'm a little too busy right now, lets talk in Moab and nail down a date.
All the things I should have done in the past three weeks have got to get done in the next three days.

Jes
Old September 30th, 2003, 18:04
NAXJA Member #887

Richard Goatman

Now that I have my Jeep lifted I will definitly be joining you guy next summer at the rubicon and swamp lake. I don't know about Colorado trip but if it falls on back to back weekends maybe. I'll try to convince Robert he might just want to do the whole shabang.

Joe
Old September 30th, 2003, 22:14
PostMaster General

Rubicon cool...... I wanna go

Kejtar
Old October 1st, 2003, 00:00
NAXJA Forum User

id love to go, but im sure even if i had a Jeep by then, it wouldnt be ready to venture out on the Rubicon by that time but if theres anything i can do to help out with this event, let me know!
Old October 1st, 2003, 05:23
NAXJA Forum User

Richard,

We'll conference in Moab. Bring your calendar.

CRASH
Old October 6th, 2003, 19:50
NAXJA Forum User

i'm in for a rubi run
Old October 7th, 2003, 19:43
NAXJA Forum User

Count me in for the Rubicon run. I moved to Sacramento from Chicago just so I could do the con. I'm just trying to sell my 94' yj with 10" lift so that I can build up my 95' xj se this winter. Do you guys run part of the trail in the winter or do conditions get to questionable during that time?
Old November 13th, 2003, 20:30
NAXJA Forum User

I'll bring Some Carne Asada and my Habenero squezzin's
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:19
NAXJA Forum User

Did a date get decided on in Moab?