• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April Events

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The April events are:
1. Saturday, April 23 Shootout at an area northwest of Delle (Dr. Moab's favorite spot). There is some talk about a campout Friday evening before this. Who is in for camping and who is in for the target practice on Saturday?
2. Wednesday, April 27 Layton Burger Stop Car Show. Who is interested in a Meet and Greet here?

I'm in for the 23rd.I can bring a couple boxes of pigeonsI also have access to a thrower. I can only make one event in April so I am in for the shootout.

Troy, unless it's raining cats and dogs we all should go for it. This has been popular for a couple of years even if the participants do not camp out. Where else can you get access to a "Dirty Harry S&W model 29 and a whole bunch of other stuff you may never own? Anyone else interested? Post up. Include camping or not, if you could. It's just that at my age I need some real incentive to sleep on the ground. We'll see how it works out.

I will be there, with skeet supplies. I will also be camping out, even if its by myself. I may not get there till 8 or 9 but I will be there.

Anyone going to the gun show this weekend? I am, and looking to make a purchase.

I'm going to try and make this as well. Probably wont be camping as I will have the kiddos.

I will be camping, with one much older child:wierd:, and a youngun. Going to try to head out Friday before 5 so we have some time to piddle around before dark. Let me know if that helps you change your mind and you want to meet up in Tooele or where ever to caravan out there.

I went out to the site this afternoon. It was actually pretty clean as far as litter and shell casings. And someone left a gigantic chunk of a glue-lam beam for a backstop.

Now for directions: Anyone want to meet at the Flying J on I-80 West, mile marker 99 (Tooele)? Say, 9:00 AM? If so, post up or I'll blow right by there.

If you want to meet where the range is, take I-80 West to mile marker 62 (Lakeside, Military Installation). At the end of the exit turn right and follow the frontage road west (the only paved road) which then turns north for 14 miles. If you forget to look at your odometer, there are mileages spray-painted on the asphalt. At 14 mi. look for a sign on the right for Warthall pass (some name like that anyway). Turn right and go 1.3 miles. Look for a bowl on the right which will be the site. If you get to the fence with the military base signs on the paved road, you went a mile too far. Go back 1.1 miles and turn left.

Last edited:
With this being the next few days, the weather doesn't look good for camping tomorrow evening. I will be at the meeting spot on Sat morning. 9am sounds great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back