• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2019!

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Too early to bring it up? Nah. Spring will be here before we know it.

Big Bear this year? Calico? Somewhere different? JV maybe? What do people think? What do chapter BOD members think? (Not that club officers aren’t people. They’re just a different class of people.)

Let the discussion commence.

I vote Big Bear, depending on how late Snow decides to stick around. If not JV..

Big Bear this year.

Let’s set the dates before the Evening Star Loop gets booked up. As long as it’s not April 19 to 21 I’ll be happy.

I would vote for ruling out May 10-12 also.

I'd prefer calico also. Generally better weather, no issues with camping space and tow vehicle parking. However I do realize we did that last year and I will show up at any chosen venue.

As for dates, last weekend in April would make the most sense to avoid Easter and Cinco de Mayo. However, that does encroach on AAT time.

Calico or Big Bear are equally good in my book. Either way, I’d like to put the dates on my calendar before it fills up with other stuff.

Aly, who is not a paying member and can't access this thread would also prefer calico. He was at last SCF with johnnycs old w, but he has got an xj now.

I'm up for either big bear or Calico. I can't do the first weekend in May or Memorial Weekend.

Last edited:
I like calico because I can rent a cabin and not have to deal with setting up a tent or sleeping in my truck.

I like Calico for the same reason, but the past couple of years we’ve done SCF in Big Bear I’ve stayed in a motel and that works out too. But yes, the Calico cabins are comfy and convenient.

I don’t mind sleeping in a tent at all. I’ve got a big one and a very nice cot. But breaking camp and getting packed up and out of the campground by noon on Sunday is always a pain in the butt. Much easier to check out without dealing with all the camping gear.

Last edited:
I like Calico for the same reason, but the past couple of years we’ve done SCF in Big Bear I’ve stayed in a motel and that works out too. But yes, the Calico cabins are comfy and convenient.

I don’t mind sleeping in a tent at all. I’ve got a big one and a very nice cot. But breaking camp and getting packed up and out of the campground by noon on Sunday is always a pain in the butt. Much easier to check out without dealing with all the camping gear.

I had to abandon my tent last year and go to a motel due to the rain/snow since i had young kids with me and the wife wasn't too happy. If it is in big bear this year i'll prob just skip the tent and get a motel again. Because of that i'd rather do calico.

The Calico campground is easy to deal with and the staff are nice. Central meeting point is the bunkhouse.....everyone can get here with no issue.

Serrano staff can bring the suck....specially when you try to get into the area and you don't have a campsite. :doh:

Richard's night run was fun too (and close to camp) :)

Back