• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link diy?s

I dig the gusset included with that one

ill be playing with the upper link soon. ill try to word this lol, would anyone say it matters if I make the clevis end fit the angle to the UCA mount angle vs cutting the tube to the angle, and building the clevis end square? mainly im curious if one way is stronger than the other.

maybe this can clarify what im thinking:
1)UCA tube square, bend the clevis/fork end, where the bolt goes through, to fit the UCA mount angle
or
2)cut the UCA dom at the angle that would allow a square built clevis/fork end to fit the mount.

somewhere between the two options ill play around with bending PVC to see if I might be able to clean up the arms obstruction to up travel. hazard front tube bender acquired cheap, hopefully .120 wall is thick enough not to kink.

I settled on JJs for 3 of the joints, barnes enduro weld on flex ends for the other LCA joints. 2x2x.25" LCA, 1.5"x.120 UCA dom, planning on building the clevis as mentioned above.
I have not settled on shackles to compliment the HD relocators, still need to see if the current stock IRO shackles will hit the relocator brackets. Im needing about 4.75" shackles for a good 45*, my current shackles will work if they dont clash. otherwise IRO booms or RE 5" shackles should be close. trying like hell not to get this above 4.5" lift.

The saddle/stir-up should be square to the joint, any angle/cut on the tube doesn't matter, the system only see's point-to-point and doesn't care what the arm is shaped like.

The one I got from Barnes was like 20$... 9 for a gusset ain’t horrible

Yeah ruff stuff did good. Though its spendy 29 bucks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yeah i was going the ruffstuff route but 29$ plus 16$ flate rate shipping iirc, thats a bit excessive. its a hilariously small amount of .25" bar to buy to make my own, but the price is far better that way.

Yeah. I buy 20' sticks of 4 or 5" but add time to fiddle fart around making it. Haha. evening into fabbing 1 lower control arm bracket.
Sometimes it's nice to just stick it together.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back