• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations for a Lift Kit

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
I am toying with the idea of lifting the Commander, and putting steel FR and Rear Bumpers on it.
The trails I'm thinking of are not 10s or Black Diamond, but your basic Colorado trail like Jenny Creek or Pickle Gulch.

There are spacer kits in the 2" range.
Then there is a Super Lift kit in the 4" range, but involves cutting the cross member and you can't use the OEM wheels.

What have you guys used, and what pitfalls did you encounter in the installation or actual use of the kit?

TIA

Sorry, I had an issue posting :)

I found lift kits, a number of puck ones, and one made by superlift.
Instead of going huge, I think I'm going to go "old school XJ" and do a 2.25" Spacer lift by rocky-road outfitters.

The bumpers are eluding me. I see WAM makes them, but nothing in stock.
I suppose I could create my own, but I've gotten lazy in my old age.

A lot of links for Commander Off-Road parts are going dead, I guess I'm late for the party ;)

Name of Sub-Forum I posted in: Jeep Commander (XK 2006-2010).
Unless I am mistaken, I don't think they changed a whole lot in 4 years :D

I'm looking at the OME kit, and the Rocky Road spacer kit. Huge price difference for springs/shocks/struts vs spacers :)

Update: No longer need the info:

Last edited:
I never did get an answer.

After doing the research, I found that the lift was going to be 2" or go huge and do a bunch of relocation. The limiting factor seems to have been the front CV joints. I had trouble finding armor that I didn't need to make, so I scrapped the idea.

Eventually, I sold the truck, bought a JK Unlimited, and didn't look back (too far).

After doing the research, I found that the lift was going to be 2" or go huge and do a bunch of relocation. The limiting factor seems to have been the front CV joints. I had trouble finding armor that I didn't need to make, so I scrapped the idea.

Eventually, I sold the truck, bought a JK Unlimited, and didn't look back (too far).

Oh, I see. Hope you are enjoying your JK. :)

Have you done any upgrade on your JK?

thinking of adding new rear leaf packs in between the OME/ARB leaf packs part #'s as follow bso-33rb and cso-33ra I'm wanting to get no more than 3.5 to 4 inches any recommendations would be welcomed if anyone has experience with these leaf packs
thanks in advance
94 xj 2 door 4.0 forest service rig
4 whole injectors
1.75 spacers in front stock coils
rear add a leaf with stock shackles
dana 35 factory lsd with upgraded axles

I went with Rocky Roads Outfitters 2.25" Lift which I highly recommend. It is the only made in the USA lift made for the 2006-2010 Jeep Commander.

Back