• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HF Ball joint / U-joint tool half off deal...

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
Got my Harbor Freight flyer in the mail and noticed their Ball Joint / u-joint tool is half off for $19.99. Replacing the banged up sockets you messed up the last time you changed ujoints would pay for this tool.

I got one a while back at this price, and it's pretty good. Heavier than heck. Just click the link... Harbor Freight and in the item search field, enter 38335-6YVA

Ivan

I have one, I paid full price for it years ago, and it makes U-joints a breeze to change.

Lawn Cher' said:
I have one, I paid full price for it years ago, and it makes U-joints a breeze to change.

Work for ball joints though?

Dirk Pitt said:
If you look around the HF site, there's also a "ball joint" kit you can purchase separately which has the added "cups" to go with the $19.99 u-joint kit listed above. Just enter "ball joint" in the search field and they will pop up.

Or you can be creative and make your own cups to adapt to it..

Ivan

Dirk Pitt said:

Dunno, I haven't had to change one yet. I've used it for other things though. Grapes, olives, citrus... you name it.

I use the same thing to change u-joints, works slicker than snot. I have even used it to redo a u-joint in camp one time.

It has been one of the most used tools in my shop. It really works great for pressing out bushings on axles and arms. The H frame works good on arms, but it lets you do an axle that won't fit in the press. It sure works great on Ujoints. It is worth the price just for that.

Back