• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's intake kit filters

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Since the search didn't turn this up, could someone please give me the K&N part numbers for both the 4.5"x5" and 9" filters used on the Rusty's Intake Kit package? I'm thinking of going this route in the next week or so and would like to dig up some specs before I plonk down the cash.

Also, if anyone who has gone this route has had smog issues (particularly in CA) as a result, I'd like to hear about that as well.

try calling them?

XJ_ranger said:
try calling them?

Yep, yesterday afternoon. No answer. Figured I'd ask here since we've got a fair few people running that kit and they're closed at weekends.

I dont have numbers but when you call they will help you. I got the larger K&N and I like it. Ive cleaned it several times so it has deff paid for itselft. Only thing that I dont like, is that it didnt come with a sticker telling the smog guys that it was just as good or better then stock. I failed vissual smog because of that. They told me that I needed a sticker or something, otherwise I wouldnt be able to pass. So when you order, ask for a sticker. :lecture:

RB-0910 = Small Filter 4-1/2" O.D. x 5" Long: Straight
RE-0910 = Large Filter 4-5/8" to 5" x 8" Long: Tapered

I started with the small filter, but it seemed like I was cleaning pretty often. I have been happy with the Larger one and should have started with it.

My 2 cents

2XJ

2XJ said:
RB-0910 = Small Filter 4-1/2" O.D. x 5" Long: Straight
RE-0910 = Large Filter 4-5/8" to 5" x 8" Long: Tapered

Thanks! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm already running a K&N in the stock airbox, so wanted to get some sort of comparison of the respective surface areas.

BIG-G said:
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/ You'll find it there under performance.

So wait... You're saying that if I want the Rusty's performance intake kit I should go to Rusty's website and look under 'performance' to find the Rusty's performance intake kit and I'll then be able to order it straight from Rusty's? On the Internet? That's pretty nifty!

casm said:
So wait... You're saying that if I want the Rusty's performance intake kit I should go to Rusty's website and look under 'performance' to find the Rusty's performance intake kit and I'll then be able to order it straight from Rusty's? On the Internet? That's pretty nifty!

:D :laugh3:

casm said:
Thanks! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm already running a K&N in the stock airbox, so wanted to get some sort of comparison of the respective surface areas.

Go 2 performance then 2 rustys air intake system and; Yes get there air tube for a meisly $30 bucks that bolts right in and choose the big ($69) or the small ($30) buck filter. I got the small one so i can wrap a homemade snorkle around it eventualy.

BIG-G said:
Go 2 performance then 2 rustys air intake system and; Yes get there air tube for a meisly $30 bucks that bolts right in and choose the big ($69) or the small ($30) buck filter. I got the small one so i can wrap a homemade snorkle around it eventualy.

Did you read my first post?

Did you *comprehend* my first post?

I'll vote 'maybe' on number one and 'obviously not' on number two.

Stop making the Internet cry.

casm said:
Did you read my first post?

Did you *comprehend* my first post?

I'll vote 'maybe' on number one and 'obviously not' on number two.

Stop making the Internet cry.

Bro im just trying to help u out. No need to slap me for it!! (if this was a joke thread, then ya got me ok!)

casm said:
Yep, yesterday afternoon. No answer. Figured I'd ask here since we've got a fair few people running that kit and they're closed at weekends.
I think Rusty's buisiness is located in Alabama. If that is correct, he may be running from the hurricane.

techno1154 said:
I think Rusty's buisiness is located in Alabama. If that is correct, he may be running from the hurricane.

he might be in the back with the chick that can't ever answer any of my questions AND always puts me on hold. hope so at least

dirt714 said:
he might be in the back with the chick that can't ever answer any of my questions AND always puts me on hold. hope so at least

Yeah... they definately got her stuffed FAR away from anyone who knows anything. Hold times there are 10 minutes min.

Back