• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Jet Performance Chip Stage 1 for 96-03 4.0L

lapisxj said:
How much of a gain did you get with this chip? How did it affect your mgp?

They say up to 25 hp, but I didn't dyno it. I did feel it by the "seat of the pants" dyno. You fill probably notice it more in an automatic since it alters teh transmissions shifting points for more torque. I didn't notice nay real gain or loss of mpg. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

-Mike

Mike L said:
They say up to 25 hp, but I didn't dyno it. I did feel it by the "seat of the pants" dyno. You fill probably notice it more in an automatic since it alters teh transmissions shifting points for more torque. I didn't notice nay real gain or loss of mpg. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

-Mike

Everything I have read, including a statement from the manufacturer says that the transmission is not computer controlled and therefore the chip will not change the shift points.

Not calling you a liar, just an FYI.

ecrogers said:
Everything I have read, including a statement from the manufacturer says that the transmission is not computer controlled and therefore the chip will not change the shift points.

Not calling you a liar, just an FYI.

My bad, I thought I read that somewhere. I wonder what this means then: Point by point air/fuel, ignition advance, transmission and various other tuning points provide performance gains of up to 25 hp. It must have some computer affect since there is a tuning point for it? Right?

-Mike

To the top. Anyone want it for $100 shipped?

-Mike

Mike L said:
My bad, I thought I read that somewhere. I wonder what this means then: Point by point air/fuel, ignition advance, transmission and various other tuning points provide performance gains of up to 25 hp. It must have some computer affect since there is a tuning point for it? Right?

-Mike

I think that is just a generic statement for all of their chips since some do affect shift points on other vehicles.

Back