• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn light / brake lights kaput

cdnabn49

NAXJA Forum User
ok, I pulled the dash apart an the manual said the flasher module should be under the dash to either the left or right... ok where?

005.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

ok am I missing something here... no power windows or locks
006.jpg

anyone???

No, my 95 has that socket but nothing is it in. I think they just reused the GM fusebox from the older Renix rigs and then added the newer relay box that contains the horn relay, combination flasher, rear defrost relay...etc.

However the vehicle in question is a 96. I know that by the different power distribution center. But I also know it isn't a 97+ because of the interior trim panels.

Do you see that little silver canister on that harness? And then the big black box hanging ALL of the way down resting on the floor?

Your combination flasher will be in there!

However the brake lights are not wired through the combination flasher. You may have a wiring problem (short somewhere) or whatnot. OR it might be a ground problem. Check ALL of the grounds for the rear lights!!

No they are not all combined together. What do you mean?

I said that black box contains the combination flasher as well as the horn relay and then the rear defrost relay. I never said they were "one relay" or what not. If that is what you're thinking anyway.

The black box that is furthest down in the pictures touching his floor mat. To the left of the brake pedal in the last picture.

Back