• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monroe Shocks w/out bar pins

Undeclared

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to install some bpe's and will be putting in new shocks while I'm at it. Does anyone know if there is a Monroe Sensatrac that is the same size as one that fits stock without bar pins? If not, is it difficult to remove the bar pins?

I took the bar pins off my shocks. I was surprised that they were hollow. I shot them with PB pushed to expose one side and cut off the pin (with a grinder, but a hack saw woulr work too) and pushed it back through the other way. The first one was a PITA but after I figured it out the other 3 were cake.

I too, had a hard time finding right shocks without bar pins so I went that route.

easiest way to remove the bar pins is cut one side off with a grinder or a hacksaw, and tap it out. you can push it thru without cutting it, but its a pain in the ass. lube it up with grease or dish soap before you try to push it thru, it will make it go a little easier.

Back