• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Talk about high miles!

that guy drove 6 times as many miles as that mj, and it said shiny red, which means its still in great shape. now that is amazing to me, considering the world is only twenty some-odd thousand miles around he could have driven around the world over a hundred times!!!

Those old Volvos lasted forever. My family had several 240s, 740s, and a 940. I had a 940 turbo and a 850R. They were all good, long lasting cars. The turbo 5 speeds were even kinda fun to drive, the 850R was a rocket once it got traction. Volvos were good cars up till the mid/late 90s. Now they're glorified Fords and not worth the money anymore. :(

It doesn't say what he's done to it! Probably been completely rebuilt several times. You could do that with a lot of cars. I just get tired of my car after a while and want a different one. It is probably financially smarter though to keep it forever and rebuild the engine/tranny/etc. every 200k or so.

I've read about that car elsewhere. The engine has not been rebuilt one time. I can't remember what exactly has been done to it, since its been a long time since I read about it. IIRC, the engine has had a light overhaul and thats it.

Back