• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ecomike's 60th birthday beach party RRC greet and meet

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
As mentioned earlier, I am planning an "Ecomike's 60th birthday beach party NAXJA RRC chapter greet and meet" for my 60th birthday at or near Galveston Texas beach!!!

Somewhere between the 19th and 26nd of July 2015 (weekend or week day-evening?) . Trying to determine who can make it and when, dates and times, schedule conflicts... Also looking for precise location ideas from the frequent beach bums :roflmao: that live on the beach near there.

Trying to make sure my kids can make the trip too.:loveu:

[xnvtimage(1).jpeg
[xnvtimage(1).jpeg
picture.php

The usual suspects LOL!!

Last edited:
I'm in.

San Luis Pass would be my suggestion but I'm up for wherever.

My girlfriend wants to go camping on the beach

Let's get this scheduled!

I might be up for a road trip!

Update time folks!!!! I am leaning towards a Sunday, or Monday or both, overnight event on July 19th/20th?

Having a hard time with my son's schedule no mater what day we do this. He has a Physics Mid term like tuesday/wednesday, summer cram course (Physics U of H major) and works all weekend.

Question for the RRC people here. Is Monday even an option for any of you? In which case I would prefer Sunday July 19th for sure.

I take a cancer drug once a week for RH Arthritis on Friday night/Saturday morning that sometimes kicks my ass on Saturdays. So not planning Saturday for the big day (unless late Saturday night and over night? for a mostly Sunday event?), and Sunday traffic driving to Galveston might be lighter as well. Also I need to limit my sun exposure due to the meds.... :(

Thoughts ?????

Location? I might stay in a hotel overnight (for my health?, we will see how I am feeling, just want a back up plan hotel nearby for me) but my kids and crew would likely camp on the beach, they have a tent(s) and are outdoor people, etc...we would bring a BBQ pit.

Then I would use the next weekend July 26th as a back up in case of really bad weather on July 19th/20th.

My daughter suggested east beach (to the left, east, of Stewart beach) or Crystal beach, Crystal beach is on the Beaumont side the Galveston Ferry.

From the bridge looks like descent beach, some dune trails, but not recommended for swimming with nasty currents there are quite a few drownings there every year

How far is east beach from San Luis Pass? Maybe we could meet and eat, swim and camp at one, and some could drive to the other for some jeep fun at some point?

unfortunately i wont be able to make this, i'll be finishing up my MJ and breaking it in at COfest before driving it back here.

:(

Mike, it would be nice to finally meet you in person and July looks like a beach going month. Sun/Mon might be doable for some, most should be able to do Sunday. Personally I'm organizing a group run/beach retreat to Surfside on Saturday the 18th, so I just have to decide if I'm going to drive home or camp on the beach and take Blue Water Hwy over to Galveston on Sunday.

Justin... more info on your Surfside run please ;) You know Blenny lives there right? Susan and I are itching for a beach run... been awhile.

This event is still on :)

Starting July 19th, Sunday, I should be there by about noon to 2 PM, others can/may arrive early.

Anyone want to join my Facebook event invite list send me a PM of the who you are/ID to invite. Also PM me to swap email and or cell phone numbers so we can find each other on the beach.

Eastbeach is still the plan. I will stay in a nearby hotel overnight due to my health, and some will camp on the beach... I will likely eat out locally for dinner Sunday night or some time Monday (or both) .... Location is open.

OK so who is coming to the Ecomike-:NAXJA: meet and greet in Galveston this weekend? I need some cell phone numbers (PM me or ask me to PM imne to you here) for those that are coming so we can find each other. What are you bringing and when? We plan to camp on the east beach (if we can??) and I will be staying at a hotel Sunday night on or near east beach (shopping for one right now) as my RA will not let me stay in a tent on the beach, and mosquitoes set of my RA inflammation... just too old for that anymore....

Does anyone know if they rent umbrellas and folding lawn chairs on east beach or if we can bring our own these days?

Been years since I stayed down there and I use to go to Stewart beach and crystal beach (but those are not a good option anymore), as they do not allow vehicles on the beach at Stewart beach.... I think they still allow vehicles on the beach at East beach and the beach is much safer than SanLuis (sp?) pass to swim?

This weekend is the Galveston Texas meet and greet for us that can make it, and my 60th birthday beach party bash. Who is coming? Hope every one can join us Sunday!!!! I hear some of you will be there Saturday for a beach run?

Reminder July 19-21 Galveston meet and great and 60th birthday party beach party!!!:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...0th+bi rthday

Also any body that has jeep parts to swap or sell could use this an excuse to join us?

Mike, it would be nice to finally meet you in person and July looks like a beach going month. Sun/Mon might be doable for some, most should be able to do Sunday. Personally I'm organizing a group run/beach retreat to Surfside on Saturday the 18th, so I just have to decide if I'm going to drive home or camp on the beach and take Blue Water Hwy over to Galveston on Sunday.

What are the details on the Saturday surfside event? I might be able to make that. Not sure yet. Sunday would be better for me though.

RRC NAXJA joint meet and greet and Ecomike's 60th birthday beach party event is on this weekend!!!!

For now due to work schedules my Daughter will join us Sunday afternoon (she loves to test drive big lifted 4x4s LOL, wants to compete in the monster vehicles event someday) and my sons will join us Sunday night into monday morning. One of them has a 4x4 Silverado but his jeep is down for repairs. The other is driving the 89 Blue Renix XJ. My daughter is a professional photographer if anybody needs great photo jeep work done (shameless plug LOL). These are the two usual suspects in my clan LOL. Photo from a recent Houston Heroes and Villians race :)
Come join us this weekend!!!

picture.php

Mike you or anyone else from Naxja are welcome to join us Saturday on the county portion (free) of Surfside beach. We'll be setting up around 10 am, just East of Public Entrance #5.

Back