• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extra USB and charging help

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
last week when we did the Rally my wife and I had a hard time keeping electronics running and charged.

1. I had a Nexus for mapping that needed to be kept charged. GPS seems to use a lot of battery.
2. had a Garmin GPS that we used too
3. Wife has Iphone 6 and I have a Galaxy S5.

I have one of those USB adapters that goes in Cig lighter outlet for two USB ports. We used the other outlet for our chargers that had cig adapter to USB.

The issue seems to be that the Nexus and Iphone could not share the USB and still charge. Even with just one plugged in it took all day or night.

I assume there may be aftermarket USB ports that have a bit higher amperage? I looked on 12 Volt guys site but did not see anything. I filled out a contact issue on the page but no reply yet (been almost a week).

Anybody know of any aftermarket options for a charging plate/station? Maybe an inverter and uses wall charger?

Check out prime 4x4, they have cool switch cigarette, usb port options that almost look stock and they will custom make things. I just oreder a cig usb switch panel with my ROM gift certificate

x2 on the Prime4x4. I have one of their switch things that I need to install in my Jeep, just haven't gotten around to it. Impressed with the quality of it straight out of the box though.

THANKS exacty what I was looking for!! I emailed him to see if I could get 4 ports (2) 1 amp and (2) 2.4 amp :)

I think I have one of those usb kits from prime in my garage from a few years back....the time we drew for prizes in your rv methinks.

I use a 2.1A (12 or 20 watt, can't remember) at home and it charges our phones much faster.

Prime4x4 got a hold of both ends of my console.

ynyru3er.jpg

Back