• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 for 37's: Truss, Sleeve & Super 35 Kit?

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Lots of people on NAXJA run 35's on a Dana 35 with no problem. What do I need to do so I can run 37's on a 35?

John

How much money do you already have in the D35? I'm guessing you've already put in the super 35 kit. I ran with a trail guide once that had a D35 with 35" Krawlers, but we never ran any extreme trails that day.

If you can afford to upgrade to 37's, you can afford to at least buy a used built D44.

The axle tube on the Dana 35 is so much bigger than than the Chryco 8.25 & Dana 44 it should be super strong with a sleeve and a Super 35. Plus the pumpkin is so much smaller than the 44 or 8.25 axle it wont drag and require a lot of throttle so I wont load the axle as much. You only break when your stuck and the smaller (more ground clearance) Dana 35 wont get stuck as much so it wont break as often, right?

John

Its already set up with a sleeve, truss, coil, WJ outers and the rear track bar. I think the rear steer will let me do so much more. It took a lot of work to fit the inner C's to a Dana 35 but it looks great and will work even better. I cant imagine why this hasnt been done before.

John

Its already set up with a sleeve, truss, coil, WJ outers and the rear track bar. I think the rear steer will let me do so much more. It took a lot of work to fit the inner C's to a Dana 35 but it looks great and will work even better. I cant imagine why this hasnt been done before.

John

That's is a Dana 30, isnt it?

Dana 35 from a Ford Ranger.

I wheeled with a guy on 35's and a dana 35 once. For about 150 feet.

"I don't know why nobody has thought of this before."

Good luck dude, be a trailblazer.

stacks_image_2.png

Good luck man.... Lol.
Hope I'm not behind you on the trail when that thing goes

Same size as a d30 ring and pinion and it is low pinion so it's even weaker than the high pinion fronts. Myself and many others have blown r&p in front 30's on 35's or smaller. For all that fab work you could have built a legitimate rear axle.

The axle tube on the Dana 35 is so much bigger than than the Chryco 8.25 & Dana 44 it should be super strong with a sleeve and a Super 35. Plus the pumpkin is so much smaller than the 44 or 8.25 axle it wont drag and require a lot of throttle so I wont load the axle as much. You only break when your stuck and the smaller (more ground clearance) Dana 35 wont get stuck as much so it wont break as often, right?

John

I believe the model 35 has a smaller axle tube than the 8 1/4.
35 has 2.62" tube and an 8 1/4 has 3" tube.
I was running a model 35 out back until I looked at the jeep from the back.
To my surprise the wheels were leaning in. Put level on it and both tubes were bent.
I converted to a '98 29 spline 8 1/4 with 3" axle tubes.
It is also used on some of the V8 Dakotas and Durangos so it can take beating.
Only stock axle you can get stronger would be 30 spline 44
I would not trust model 35 over 31" tire.

I wouldn't even trust it on 31"s. I watched a 35 31"s shoot peices of spider gear though the cover on my friends YJ pulling out of a gas Station in the rain

I think he's trolling...

EDIT: Or maybe not. I'm kind of baffled here.

I'd hate to step from a HP30 to a LP35, but, WJ outers + steering in the rear + more clearance + truss has to add up to something, right?
But...
Dana 35
I don't even know what's going on.

Last edited:
Back