• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV valve cover elbow piece-how to remove? 95 4.0

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
95 4.0, the back elbow on valve cover is clogged up I think. I can't blow thru it or suck any from it:gee:. So I'm trying to get it out of the valve cover to clean it but I can't pry it out. I tried rotating it 90* and the like but no go. Any advice is appreciated.

Anything you do will probably result in destroying the elbow or the brittle plastic tube.
Go to www.teamcherokee.com and buy the kit that has both large and small hoses,grommets and elbows $38.00
Ask me how I know:cheers:

Wayne

I forced mine out by prying it with a screw driver. Both rubber gromets in the valve cover are very hard. The bottom of the plastic elbow have a barb that prevent it from coming out. Lucky for me I did not break the rubber gromet when I pried it out with a medium flat tipped screw driver between the elbow and the gromet.

any one know where to find this stuff for a 90? Im having alot of blow by and need the hose's and everything to try to help fix it

rockauto.com about $17.99 ea, front and rear vacuum harness.

Also, get them at Napa and pay no shipping, about $23.99 ea.

Back